Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Sun and Moon are coming in fast!
Only a few more months till sun and moon guys and I'm preparing for it! Put out some ideas about how to get on top of the new games quickly because I have some ideas!

​​1. Breeding- I've never been in a pokemon championship or even in the international online battles but I finally found a few good teams I made on showdown for them! Problem is... Sun and Moon! The championships will transfer over to those games soon so what I can do is prepare a set of pokemon with the wanted iv's and abilities to breed in that game.

2. I've never completed the national dex but I probably will before sun and moon! But it will be a close call so I'm am going to do a region by region storage of all the pokemon so then I just have to fill up the national dex! I'm starting with kanto now!
I do know about the qr code pokedex reading and I can do this one to help out my friends!

I know sun and moon are still a ways away but If I prepare now, I can set aside doing like training competitive pokemon and filling up the dex and just enjoy some of the new features! What idea do you guys have?

I've played pokemon for seven years and have played over 15 games so filling up the dex is more of an obstacle that I struggle to get past.
Im not sure about anyone else but I dont plan to finish sun and moon quickly.
I have intentionally shut myself off from any pokemon news outlets in an effort to avoid all information about sun and moon because in my opinion the best pokemon games are the ones where you are completely blind. It might seem strange to some people but I intend to try and discover everything there is to discover in sun and moon without using the web.
That way I can get a genuine sense of discovery which I havent felt since my first playthrough of Dark Souls.
Also just out of curiosity what version is everyone planning on buying?
On one hand I want sun because that lion is a hell of a lot cooler than the bat.
But on the other hand I want moon because everyone else seems to want sun and if I get moon then I will have the rarer exclusives.
(Jul 18, 2016, 07:31 AM)Chain_fishing_saved_my_life Wrote: Also just out of curiosity what version is everyone planning on buying?
On one hand I want sun because that lion is a hell of a lot cooler than the bat.
But on the other hand I want moon because everyone else seems to want sun and if I get moon then I will have the rarer exclusives.
Sun and Moon! I always get both so I can get all the Pokemon in the Generation; also it helps finishing the Dex. To me, the Lunala looks cooler (and more unique). Solgaleo looks like the Mega Evolution of Litleo or Pyroar. "Leo". Lmao. ^^

I'm interested in whether thay will have new methods of shiny hunting; also, people have been saying that they will lower the shiny odds again. I hope not. Shinys are relatively easy to get as it is since it was boosted earlier. I also also hope they reinstate the Friend Safari for Sun and Moon. Lastly, they need to add a PM or chat feature for the PSS so trades can be much easier and less tedious. I would love to trade with Random people while able to chat with them.
“Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home.” 
(Jul 18, 2016, 07:29 AM)Chain_fishing_saved_my_life Wrote: Im not sure about anyone else but I dont plan to finish sun and moon quickly.
I have intentionally shut myself off from any pokemon news outlets in an effort to avoid all information about sun and moon because in my opinion the best pokemon games are the ones where you are completely blind. It might seem strange to some people but I intend to try and discover everything there is to discover in sun and moon without using the web.
That way I can get a genuine sense of discovery which I havent felt since my first playthrough of Dark Souls.
Well it has just bored me how filling the dex up and all works. Just played pokemon for so long. I commend you for your idea on sun and moon though but I just want to be able to do more in the game than that. I've been a bit impatient so I haven't shaken off the drag of filling up the dex and putting together my team (which can be fun) it's like walking to a room but you can't get through the door! Again its fine what you are doing but I just feel like being able to fill up the dex quickly is nice (and isn't really taking the fun out of the game)
(Jul 18, 2016, 08:09 AM)Bomi Wrote:
(Jul 18, 2016, 07:31 AM)Chain_fishing_saved_my_life Wrote: Also just out of curiosity what version is everyone planning on buying?
Sun and Moon! I always get both so I can get all the Pokemon in the Generation; also it helps finishing the Dex. To me, the Lunala looks cooler (and more unique). Solgaleo looks like the Mega Evolution of Litleo or Pyroar. "Leo". Lmao. ^^

I'm interested in whether thay will have new methods of shiny hunting; also, people have been saying that they will lower the shiny odds again. I hope not. Shinys are relatively easy to get as it is since it was boosted earlier. I also also hope they reinstate the Friend Safari for Sun and Moon. Lastly, they need to add a PM or chat feature for the PSS so trades can be much easier and less tedious. I would love to trade with Random people while able to chat with them.
If you look in most stores, the pre orders for sun far out weight the pre orders for moon! (Also Pokémon sun and moon is the top bought item at GameStop just from preorder! #PokemonforPres2016

I definitely agree with you on the Friend Safari and the chat features.
Honestly as much as I love nintendo XBL and PSN are so much better for communication it is insane.
And I see, I think you are in a bit of a minority there but I am glad there are some people who like Lunala personally I think Solgaleo looks much cooler but hey each to their own

And I wish I had enough money for Sun and Moon Sad I dont know how much money I can spend on video games after buying DQ7 3D and The Last Guardian, but hey if I get a proper job then who knows

As for the possible shiny boost I dont know how I feel about it.
I mean on one hand I can appreciate that their rarity is what gives them value but on the other hand I get a bit frustrated after 600+ horde battles with a shiny charm and no shinies
I think a good way to appease both sides would be to keep the shiny rates the same but to just boost the power of the shiny charm.
I mean that thing takes time so I want as much out of it as I can,

As for newshiny hunting methods.
Yes
Please
Game Freak
(Jul 18, 2016, 09:51 AM)Kay2453 Wrote:
(Jul 18, 2016, 07:31 AM)Chain_fishing_saved_my_life Wrote: ...
If you look in most stores, the pre orders for sun far out weight the pre orders for moon! (Also Pokémon sun and moon is the top bought item at GameStop just from preorder! #PokemonforPres2016
Thats the main reason I have been considering moon despite prefering Solgaleo
Not only will the exclusives for Moon be rarer but since sun has more preorders than moon the demand from people with sun will be higher making them much more valuable overall.
(Jul 18, 2016, 09:48 AM)Kay2453 Wrote:
(Jul 18, 2016, 07:29 AM)Chain_fishing_saved_my_life Wrote: ...
Well it has just bored me how filling the dex up and all works. Just played pokemon for so long. I commend you for your idea on sun and moon though but I just want to be able to do more in the game than that. I've been a bit impatient so I haven't shaken off the drag of filling up the dex and putting together my team (which can be fun) it's like walking to a room but you can't get through the door! Again its fine what you are doing but I just feel like being able to fill up the dex quickly is nice (and isn't really taking the fun out of the game)
Oops.
I think you might have misinterpreted my post and I think I might have misinterpreted yours as well.
I definitely intend to get all gen 1-6 pokemon ready to transfer over so that it makes filling in the national dex quicker but I intend to fill the regional dex blindly.
I mean I wont get a sense of discovery from pokemon I already have!
I thought you meant you were going to try and rush the gen 7 dex and in my opinion rushing a brand new gen feels like a waste.
(Jul 18, 2016, 10:21 AM)Chain_fishing_saved_my_life Wrote:
(Jul 18, 2016, 09:48 AM)Kay2453 Wrote:
(Jul 18, 2016, 07:29 AM)Chain_fishing_saved_my_life Wrote: ...
Oops.
I think you might have misinterpreted my post and I think I might have misinterpreted yours as well.
I definitely intend to get all gen 1-6 pokemon ready to transfer over so that it makes filling in the national dex quicker but I intend to fill the regional dex blindly.
I mean I wont get a sense of discovery from pokemon I already have!
I thought you meant you were going to try and rush the gen 7 dex and in my opinion rushing a brand new gen feels like a waste
Ahhh yes now I see! I see what you mean now with the 7th gen pokemon OK!