Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] The use of Power Save and such devices
Hi all,

I apologize if this isn't the place for this topic as I'm new to this site.

But my question is in the topic.  Inspired by watching pokemon battles on youtube, I'd like to get more into battling (I'm even looking at local places to go to meet new players this week).   And I do have PS device and ponder how sophisticated it is for these events in figuring out if such devices are used.

I don't want to cheat and would not break the rules posted for the events.  But the last time I tried breeding for a shiny vulpix, on Pokmen X/Y, were about 1000 eggs and no luck.  

Thank you for your time,
Saiman
Well, when you want to battle, shiny is not important. what is important : nature, IVs, moves, EVs
(Feb 1, 2016, 10:11 AM)Apo Wrote: Well, when you want to battle, shiny is not important. what is important : nature, IVs, moves, EVs

Thanks Apo,

I know, but there are some shinies I'd like to have. 

I don't think PS let's you make anything illegal, like having a move it shouldn't (Like Blastoise having Leaf Blade for example).  Not that I'd do that.

I just wonder if they look at your game and say...well, 999 and all pokeballs...this person is a cheater and I never get to play....That would suck.
(Feb 1, 2016, 09:37 AM)Saiman Wrote: Hi all,

I apologize if this isn't the place for this topic as I'm new to this site.

But my question is in the topic.  Inspired by watching pokemon battles on youtube, I'd like to get more into battling (I'm even looking at local places to go to meet new players this week).   And I do have PS device and ponder how sophisticated it is for these events in figuring out if such devices are used.

I don't want to cheat and would not break the rules posted for the events.  But the last time I tried breeding for a shiny vulpix, on Pokmen X/Y, were about 1000 eggs and no luck.  

Thank you for your time,
Saiman

Alright..

If you alter the game data they may ban you from Global Link. (I got banned from hacking in items and other stuff, im not exactly sure of everything they banned me for) So i guess try to be careful.. (I have to use a different game in total to do rating and stuff) BUT if your not doing Global Link stuff, than you should be good.
Alright..

If you alter the game data they may ban you from Global Link. (I got banned from hacking in items and other stuff, im not exactly sure of everything Hey banned me for) So i guess try to be careful.. (I have to use a different game in total to do rating and stuff) BUT if your not doing Global Link stuff, than you should be good.
[/quote]

Thanks Katy,

I haven't had to many problems before, though I threw a team together of L100 and tried doing a double battle on battle spot but it told me that one of the pokemon can't be used.  It said to check it at pokemon-gl.com which I have no idea how to check what is offending them.

I put the team on pokemonshowdown (not remembering my EV spread, I used 252x2 and 4) and it alllowed it and I won two matches with it.

I suppose the only thing to do is breed them all and do it again.... *Double checks the pokemon*  Oh Charizard didn't have the pentagon... That must have been it.
I think for the most part it ends up checking stuff like if its an event pokemon does it have a locked nature and if it's the corresponding nature and if it has more than the max legal 510 evs (with powersave I assume it's possible to give them more I've never tried) and if it (whatever rules set requires it) has a pentagram.

That being said I've not seen it pick anything else out to reject something from battlespot otherwise. I think it would be kinda barren without all the people who edit using powersaves.