Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Trainer Names
Lightbulb 
Debating on whether to use the same name in every game, or to choose a unique one for each. What are your thoughts? What do you do?
“Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high. Then life seems almost enchanted after all.” 
― Vincent Van Gogh
Well normally on nuzlockes or speed run like playthroughs I've used a throwaway name as these are on separate cartridges which I'd just replay the game just for the game experience. As usual, most of the elements or Pokemon in each game are about the same aside discussing the version exclusives. Typically I've used the same set of In-Game-Name for the past 3 gens now and I've rarely use others.
Honestly, deciding the "player's name" is really up to you, though it seems rather obvious. For nuzlockes, I try to deviate from standard names and give them based on people I known before, or certain characters. Usually I don't but too much sentimental value to a name, unless its for main series or romhacks.
I have a series of 3 names that I switch according to the current files use. Smile
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
I usually use a combination of my name or usernames I've had across the internet, but I think for Sun/Moon I'll probably use a different name for a comical feel. I just want to be able to read the dialogue in pokemon and laugh because it's such a ridiculous name (that GF will allow lol).
Found a shiny? Talk about it here!!