Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Victory! At Last!
Question 
"I did it! I finally won!" - Every hardcore player ever

Hello everybody! Big Grin

I'm in a good mood from having one of those moments in a game recently. I was playing the 4X PC strategy game Stellaris, which is set in a galaxy full of random empires of aliens. It's on the steam store here if anybody wants to look at it. I was playing as the  honestly fairly mediocre  ALMIGHTY human race, with 2 planets under my control when suddenly...

"Incoming Transmission"

Isn't this wonderful? The super-powerful 10,000-year-old demons have decided to tell me how they want to...trade, maybe? raze my empire to ashes and exterminate the human race. And with all the pleasantries out of the way they proceeded to drive a giant fleet of spaceships into my second colony and vaporise it instantly DodgyAt this point I realised (being the smart strategist that I am Wink ) they built their fleets out of all the big-badda-boom battleships and things, but that was it. These guys had made a huge mistake in this, because the idea of fleets is you have a few big ships and a load of tiny ships to get in the way.

This is taking ages, so long story short I threw some dreadnoughts at them backed up by a million tiny ships and somehow it worked. So I've come down here to celebrate with everybody:

I ACTUALLY WON THE WAR!!!

Alright, my story is over now. That's it for today so I can ask everybody else the big question:

What's your greatest victory in a video game, and how good did it feel?

- Sancho, out. I have to retire for the evening. I'll tag some people in a post and then hit the bed. Or the floor. Whichever I reach first.
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
I'm going to tag some random people.

@0kamii for tagging everybody else all the time ( Tongue ), @Queen because they're new to the party and I like new people, and @Chansey  because I always end up tagging them Heart

My trade shop - V2.3
My greatest achievement is going from Silver 1 to Silver 2 in csgo
it felt so good to derank the next game rip
@TheAlmightySancho

Thanks for the tag, Sancho!

Not really a 'greatest video game victory' per say, but definitely one of my most memorable achievements. I was doing a binge playthrough of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, my favorite of the FE American releases. I was determined to use every character at least once, just to see if there were any hidden gems that I'd missed out on using. Among those I discovered were Tormod, Volke, and even Astrid. But easily the most surprising was Rolf. He joined at level 1, and I spent a good 2 hours babysitting him until he could double attack. However, once the "A Strange Land" level came along and those birds swarmed us, Rolf took to his bow like a champ and power leveled all the way up to 10.

By the time I got to the infamous Chapter 17, he was already a Sniper and was getting critical hits left and right. By the endgame, I gave him the deadly Double Bow and he was getting kills halfway across the map. Needless to say, I use Rolf every playthrough now, and I'm glad that I discovered this hidden gem of a FE character. He may be a child, but he's got the archery skills of a demon! Big Grin

[Image: 42568f181dec49c604aea61de4bd29cc--descri...-ideas.jpg]
- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

@Reis 
My friend gets comp banned by Russians constantly on CSGO, which is why I never play it.

@0kamii 
I've had a few moments like that in games when the level 1 noob becomes a demon. Never played Fire Emblem though, what's it like?

My trade shop - V2.3
@TheAlmightySancho

Oh, I would highly recommend it. It's sort of hard to describe if you haven't played it, but I'll try. It's a grid-based strategy game series, so like chess, but with a lot more mechanics involved. Combat is turn-based, sort of, and different characters have various abilities, weapon skills, and overal stats. Like any Japanese strategy game, there are definitely some characters that are better than others.

I think the thing that I really like about the FE games is the variety. Sure, some characters are inherently better than others, but there's no character I've seen that's completely unusable. Except Sothe. Screw Sothe. But you can mix and match weapons, skills, abilities, everything on many of the characters and use them all in different ways. One playthrough your magic user does damage, the next you can use them as a healer. That tank you used last game? This time use him to hold up the rear defenses.

Do you get what I'm saying? I don't think I can properly describe it now. But I would highly suggest looking up a playthrough of one of the games. Preferrably 'Path of Radiance' or 'Awakening' since they're very beginner friendly and have a good story to draw you in.

I'm also thinking of trying to speedrun PoR for the first time! So wish me luck with that! Smile

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

My greatest victory is probably beating the Elite 4 for the first time in my first Pokemon game (Leaf Green). Back then, I mainly leveled up my Charizard, so he and I basically duo-ed the entire Elite 4 and Champion on our own (the other Party Pokemon were just there to swap in so I can heal/revive Charizard). It was a difficult process since the first Elite 4 had a bunch of water Pokemon, and Lance had bloody Aerodactly with its one-hit KO AncientPower, but it was fun.

The moment I walked up to the Champion was amazing, that battle itself was more intense than the entire elite 4.
My biggest victory is conquering UK/US in Hearts of Iron III. For anybody who don't know, Hearts of Iron III is a strategy game based on World War II.

I have conquered US only once though. Playing as Japan, it took me 3 attempts. The first attempt failed because UK backstab me when I was busy conquering US. And I have already reached Miami all the way from LA. The second attempt failed because my navy got destroyed before I can land my troops on US. Third attempt took me 2 years. But I have lost thousands of troops to fight the British/Russians.

I have conquered UK twice. Both as Germany. It took me more than 10 attempts because the Royal Navy is huge. Another reason is because I got back stabbed by Russians after I took London. UK is hard to conquer because of its number of colonies (Egypt and India) and my allies are slow. It took Japan 6 months to take Delhi while I take a month to surround London. Italy is alright, it reached Suez in a month.
What is a signature and how do I get one?
My biggest gaming achievement was 100%ing Banjo-Kazooie. I love that game and it's multiple collectibles. The 100% run is a really fun and tough challenge.
OU MASTER RACE