Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Water Type Bulks?
A lot of people say a lot about Azumaril being a great bulk, then having it know huge power as its ability to up its attack. How in the world is azumaril a great bulk in comparison to something like Poliwrath. Poliwrath or Politoed both have defense and spdef stats that are greater than that of Azumaril. I love a good Feraligatr, but why would an Azumaril be a better bulk by any means? Many water types have much better base defensive stats than Azumaril. This information applies with all of the listed pokemon having an Assault Vest being held. Many people use Assault Vest Azumaril. But why?
I dont know why? I would Honsetly use Swampert... Immune To Electric Types Because of his ground type, type and U rarely see leaf types so ( not saying that i see one like every battle...... I do... :s) So yeah
Blastoise, Mega and Non-Mega are both amazing!

Most people use Assault Vest Azumarill because it boosts his Special Defense up to 300, allowing it to be an Offensive Tank
I'm one of the saddest, countriest, and beautifulest Ampharos around
Azumarill is basically an offensive tank/pivot with almost little drawbacks (aside speed) compared to its other Water-type Pokemon like Feraligatr or Poliwrath. This should somewhat obvious but part of Azumarills popularity in singles and doubles is its great typing with Water/Fairy coverage to hit almost everything in the game with neutral coverage. Azumarill's part Fairy typing is the reason why it's seen so much usage since early XY as it can easily counter Dragon and Dark types with its bulk and take them out with a STAB Play Rough. The problem with Pokemon like Poliwrath it basically doesn't have the coverage options or even a strong STAB Fighting attack to abuse. Factor in the potential viable sets for Azumarills from AV, Belly Drum, Choice Band, etc help maintain an array opt options for an Azumarill use to chose from.