Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] What do I do?
I don't know what to do... I was breeding a Gliscor just so I could have Gligars with ability: Immunity.   Well on my tenth egg, I got shiny gligar.   Ability: Sand Veil.

So far, probably keep it and save it for a shiny box.  But I don't know what to do before that, if anything.
You could turn it into a competitive Gligar by using an ability capsule to change its ability to Hyper Cutter.

[Image: gligar.gif]

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Gligar is a great Pokemon in the UU metagame, boasting awesome bulk thanks to its 65 / 105 / 65 defenses coupled with Eviolite. Its typing gives Gligar immunities to Ground and Electric and resistances to common types in UU, such as Bug and Fighting. Thanks to its typing, it is also the only Flying-type in UU that isn't weak to Stealth Rock, making it a reliable Defogger, as it isn't worn down as easily as other common Defoggers in UU. It also sports an impressive support movepool with moves such as Taunt, Knock Off, U-turn, Stealth Rock, Defog, and Roost.

While it has an amazing movepool, typing, and stats, Gligar has its share of flaws. Gligar's reliance on Eviolite for its bulk means it must watch out for Knock Off, which runs rampant throughout UU. Knock Off is also a common coverage move on a lot of Fighting-types that Gligar would otherwise have no trouble switching into. Another problem Gligar has is that while it is one of the most reliable Defoggers, its preferred ability, Immunity, is illegal in conjuction with Defog. Gligar's 4x weakness to Ice can be problematic when trying to fit it onto teams. Another flaw is its poor offensive potential, meaning U-turn is almost a necessity to maintain momentum.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
(Aug 30, 2016, 01:39 AM)Excalibur0126 Wrote: You could turn it into a competitive Gligar by using an ability capsule to change its ability to Hyper Cutter.

[Image: gligar.gif]

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Gligar is a great Pokemon in the UU metagame, boasting awesome bulk thanks to its 65 / 105 / 65 defenses coupled with Eviolite. Its typing gives Gligar immunities to Ground and Electric and resistances to common types in UU, such as Bug and Fighting. Thanks to its typing, it is also the only Flying-type in UU that isn't weak to Stealth Rock, making it a reliable Defogger, as it isn't worn down as easily as other common Defoggers in UU. It also sports an impressive support movepool with moves such as Taunt, Knock Off, U-turn, Stealth Rock, Defog, and Roost.

While it has an amazing movepool, typing, and stats, Gligar has its share of flaws. Gligar's reliance on Eviolite for its bulk means it must watch out for Knock Off, which runs rampant throughout UU. Knock Off is also a common coverage move on a lot of Fighting-types that Gligar would otherwise have no trouble switching into. Another problem Gligar has is that while it is one of the most reliable Defoggers, its preferred ability, Immunity, is illegal in conjuction with Defog. Gligar's 4x weakness to Ice can be problematic when trying to fit it onto teams. Another flaw is its poor offensive potential, meaning U-turn is almost a necessity to maintain momentum.

@Excalibur0126 Thanks,  I wouldn't have thought of that.  Especially since I don't battle much.