Poll: About what should be my next post?
This poll is closed.
Battle 0kamii's Gen 7 Hailstorm Team!
37.50%
3 37.50%
0kamii's Top 5 Unused Type Combinations!
62.50%
5 62.50%
You Got Me...I'm Addicted to World of Warcraft!
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] What Have You Caught in a Beast Ball?
[Image: 19227232_135395060369578_9047182745976963072_n.jpg]
Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and I'm hoping to get more than just a list of Ultra Beasts.

So when I found out that there was a new ball being introduced into Sun and Moon, I was very excited. We haven't received any new Poké Balls since Gen 4 with things like the Timer Ball, Quick Ball, and Dive Ball. That is unless you count Gen 5's Dream Ball, which I don't. All the same, the Beast Ball is easily the coolest ball we've ever had in a pokémon game. They're sleek and futuristic, perfectly setting the tone for how the series has advanced, but they also look sinister and omnious, just like the Aether Foundation that uses them. But the thing that really hooked me on the Beast Ball was that you could catch all of Alola's pokémon inside them. Not just the Ultra Beasts, for which they're designed. Obviously, they're a little hard to obtain, given the 'Held Item' technique that many YouTubers have shown off. But all the same, catching a regular pokémon in this awesome Poké Ball really speaks volumes of how much you love a pokémon. In case you didn't know, the Beast Ball has a x0.1 capture rate on regular pokémon. That means that it actually decreases your chances of a successful capture. Therefore, I thought it'd be fun to put the discussion to the public and see which pokémon snagged our hearts so much that we decreased our odds of catching them by chucking this incredible looking ball at them. As usual, I'll share a list of my own, as well as my personal favorite Beast Ball story.

What Have You Caught in a Beast Ball?

Basically Every Dragon-Type in the Alola Dex

[Image: bagon.png] [Image: goomy.png] [Image: turtonator.png]

[Image: trapinch.png]  [Image: gible.png] 
[Image: drampa.png] [Image: latest?cb=20161118190454]

[Image: dratini.png] [Image: horsea.png] [Image: deino.png] [Image: axew.png]

I've been breeding and training Dragon-Type pokémon for over 5 years now, and when I saw that the Beast Ball could catch regular pokémon, I just knew I finally had the prefect ball out of which to send them. That interdimensional net that cascades from the ball as the Dragon-Type storms onto the field is just beautiful. Sure, it took a long time to gather enough balls to catch one of each so I could breed them, but now I have Garchomp in Beast Balls, Salamence in Beast Balls, Turtonator in Beast Ball, every Dragon-Type possible. Though I specifically remember Goomy being a pain to catch because of Hydration and the fact that it's always raining on that route. Ugh.

Other Pokémon I've Caught in a Beast Ball

[Image: emolga.png]

After my Emolga post became popular and I started doing posts more frequently, I figured that Emolga deserved her spot among my favorite pokémon. Since there was no better way of showing that than to breed it in a Beast Ball, I set to work. It took a few resets, because the thing kept calling allies and knocking each other out, but I eventulally caught one and bred a Shiny Male Emolga with its Hidden Ability, in a Beast Ball. I named him Toa Iti'iti, Little Hero, and to this day he's probably my prized possession as a breeder.

[Image: serperior.png]

Serperior was a unique case. Basically the only reason I caught Serperior in a Beast Ball was because I thought it was Dragon-like, and having a Contrary Serperior in a Beast Ball sounded like such a cool idea. I haven't actually bred one yet, though. So maybe it was just a spur of the moment decision?

[Image: beldum.png]

Ah, yes. Beldum. I love Metagross, as does most people. But that was hardly the reason I wanted to catch a Beldum in a Beast Ball. I kid you not, I only tried to see if I could. That's it. I put it to sleep so it damaged itself as little as possible and then threw Beast Balls at it until I caught it. Not much to say there. So can I? Yes. But my favorite Beast Ball story has to be...

Lapras
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Lapras is an interesting story. Lapras is only found in one place in Alola, that's the Poni Wilds. At a very low encounter rate too, I believe it's only around 5%. Since I've always lumped Lapras into the category of psuedo-Dragons, right next to the likes of Serperior and Aerodactyl, I deemed it worthy of being caught in a Beast Ball. However, I knew that wild Lapras often carry Perish Song, so at most I've have three to four turns to catch it before it fainted itself. Regardless, I thought to try my luck. I surfed around in the Poni Wilds until I found a wild Lapras, and I paralyzed it first turn with my Alolan Raichu, Li Li. It couldn't move, so I tried to switch into my False Swipe user, and sure enough it used Perish Song. I shook my head, not in anger, just in disappointment. I figured it'd try that, but my efforts seemed to have been wasted nonetheless. So instead of weakening it, I simply thought I'd try and toss a Beast Ball at it for the remaining three turns. And after I threw the first ball...son of a gun, I caught it! On the first try! In case you don't know the math, here it is: (https://www.dragonflycave.com/calculator...catch-rate). According to this, I had just under a 3% chance to catch it per ball. And I got it, on the first one! That's incredibly lucky! If I ever breed a Water Absorb team, that Beast Ball Lapras will definitely be at the helm.

Well, that's all for Monday's post. I'll leave a poll asking you all what you'd like my next post to be, and I'll make sure to tag three of my fellow users in the comments asking them what pokémon they've caught in Beast Balls, besides Ultra Beasts.

Thanks so much for reading everyone! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii

P.S. The GameStop event Salazzle distribution starts on August 14th, so don't forget to run to your nearest store and add the power of that toxic reptilian to your team! Also, 300th post hype! Congratulations to me!
Big Grin
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Hello everyone, once more! Last I checked, I'm still 0kamii, and for today's post, I want to tag three users I've never tagged before! Let's see if we can't bring the likes of: @Shyvana, @P35, and @Chansey out of their shells! Wink Your question of the day is:

What have you caught in a Beast Ball, other than the Ultra Beasts?

Leave your answers in the thread below. I look forward to all the discussion! Thanks again for reading everyone! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii

I have a Mudsdale, a Smeargle and a Kangaskhan

the battle with Kangaskhan went like this

>Wow a Kangskhan, False swipe + sleep
>Kangaskhan Woke Up!
>Kangaskhan called for help! A cubone appeared!

Repeat this process all day, but I finally found it and now I troll the battle tree with my Nuber Uber mega team
I've caught some shiny pokemon in beast balls (eevee, rattata, yungoos, abra, makuhita, and mudbray). But my favorite beast ball pokemon was a "full odds" random bonsly. I put quotes because of the higher shiny rate from gen 6 and onwards. I was walking around, trying to finish my dex, when I found a shiny bonsly. I was really lucky because that was the last pokemon I needed from akala island.

Also, congrats on your 300th post Smile
@Reis

You caught a wild Kangaskhan in a Beast Ball? Gees. That sounds like it took some determination, as well as dedication. If you don't mind my asking Reis, do you remember how many Beast Balls it took? I imagine it was in the dozens.

@moo311

Congratulations on the Shiny Bonsly, moo! I've been considering hunting one myself, and I think you just convinced me to go for it.  Smile  And thanks for the best wishes. I was actually being a bit facetious, but I'll take the boost wherever I can get it.

You know I was actually going to tag you today, but I didn't know whether I'd already done that. I'll tag you on Wednesday, promise! Anyways, good luck with the giveaway and thanks for all you do.

- 0kamii

(Aug 7, 2017, 08:51 AM)0kamii Wrote: @Reis

You caught a wild Kangaskhan in a Beast Ball? Gees. That sounds like it took some determination, as well as dedication. If you don't mind my asking Reis, do you remember how many Beast Balls it took? I imagine it was in the dozens.

@moo311

Congratulations on the Shiny Bonsly, moo! I've been considering hunting one myself, and I think you just convinced me to go for it.  Smile  And thanks for the best wishes. I was actually being a bit facetious, but I'll take the boost wherever I can get it.

You know I was actually going to tag you today, but I didn't know whether I'd already done that. I'll tag you on Wednesday, promise! Anyways, good luck with the giveaway and thanks for all you do.

- 0kamii

it took 2 because anytime it took more than that I turned off the game..
But it took me 42 resets to get it, which was way too crazy

also you are the one who caught a Beldum in a beast ball
@0kamii I'll make sure to reply on Wednesday Smile
Kappa I caught Trumbeak with a beastball and she was shiny! But Trumbeak was also bold natured so.. yeah.
I caught a Rockruff in a Beastball. I only had one Beastball left and I really wanted a shiny Lycanroc, so I sr'd over every failed catch attempt and finally got it in a BeastBall. A week of Breeding later and I finally get my Blue pupper!
OU MASTER RACE
I caught Necrozma in one, IIRC. The game had just come out and no one knew it wasn't an Ultra Beast yet. Sad  It was so frustrating to keep hurling them and wondering why it wasn't working...  I tend to hoard rare balls and never use them,  so other than that and ones by breeding I didn't really use many.

I've been researching the works of Cervantes and I've had 30+ pages open on my phone so I've been away lol. ^^;