Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] What are some game mechanics you wish Game Freak would add
Personally I will always love Pokemon but I have to say I always wish they would add certain mechanics to the game. I have no programing knowledge what so ever so if some of these are impossible I won't know.

1. Ditto can breed with Ditto.
2. Destiny Knot passes down 6 IV's.
3. Everstone passes down the ability of the Pokemon holding it 100% of the time. (only in same species or if held by parent passing down species)
4. Synchronize has a 100% chance of finding a Pokemon with the same nature.
5. IV increasing and decreasing berries that are both in increments of 1 that do not take forever to farm.

I know lots of people have been saying that the reason the Bottle Caps don't increase the IV is because hidden power would be changed but I would think that they could have made it so that the hidden power is detemined when generated ether through breeding or catching and increasing the stat afterward would have no effect on it. Anyone else wish they would add more game mechanics?
+ Reps
Let me mother freaking see the complete summary of GTS Pokémon.
(Dec 16, 2016, 04:34 PM)Llocin1151 Wrote: Let me mother freaking see the complete summary of GTS Pokémon.

I agree I want to know the ability before I trade also if they could add the IV checker that would be nice
Well, here's a couple of things I want Game Freak to work on and at least perfect if they try these ideas. Will try to clarify on a few of these though some might be kinda "obvious".

1. Fast EV Training: Similar to back how it was to Hoard Battles in XY ORAS, feel strongly this feature should be buffed to allow better entry point for new competitive players.
  2. "Easier" Encounter and Catch Rates for "same" Mon: OK this might sound redundant as hell especially when players have the Repeat Ball, but there's the Idea. Honestly, feel strongly that any Pokemon with a low encounter chance that have already been encounter before should be 100% much more easier to find again. This chance should be even greater if the player has already capture the Pokemon in-game, though at this point everyone reading this kinda figures this is exactly like the DexNav.
  3. Random Wild Pokemon with Egg Moves: This would be extremely funny and helpful for players who don't have the time to find Egg Moves on specific partners or from different Egg Groups. The point here is to for all wild Pokemon to have at least a 20% chance to find an Egg Move, and it can cap up to 3 Egg Moves and 1 Learnset for a wild Pokemon. 
  4. Wagering Money / Battle Points : Though game freak will probably won't re-introduced "gambling" again, I sure wish there's certain challenges done by NPCs who can potentially double the amount of Money or BP they have for completing a certain challenge. Back in Pokemon Emerald, there was an NPC who would double the amount of BP the player makes if they manage to complete a certain win streak at one of the battle facilities. Not as original but fun. 
  5. Challenge Mode: Ok I'm not talking about BW2's Challenge/Easy Mode system as it requires both games, but rather an "official" challenge mode of the main series game where players have to battle opponent who are progressive much difficult than previous. Maybe not to the scale of to as certain fan-games, but at least to have a notiable impact on the difficulty.
  6. "Change" the Pokeball of "your" Pokemon: This feature is similar to Nicknames, but I feel like players should be given the option to change the asthetics of the Poke Balls, if not change/transfer a mon directly from one ball to another. Maybe this service of sorts might cost a ton of income ($4999), but I feel it can bring customization to the Pokemon themselves. 
  7. Easier catch rates for legends: TBH, I don't get the idea why some of the strongest Pokemon (most are usually legends) have a pain in the *** time to catch. Honestly if a player has reduced the HP down to 1% and has a status condition, the chance to catch the Pokemon should be around 30-40% or so with all the modified catch rates.
  8. Fast In-Game Level Up Facility: Probably one of my most requested of all these ideas: Fast, IN-Game Level Up. Honestly it feels more of a grind (pun not intended) to raise a Pokemon's level in-game up to say level 100 or so. There should be something similar to O-Powers, except players actually gain a significant amount of Level gain until they reach a satifying level. 
I know it is super simple but I always thought that if I was able to choose a Mon as the battle started would be amazing.  I know you can kinda prepare for a battle by setting you pokemon first in line, but I always thought, "how nice would it be to see what i am fighting and the choose who goes out?"  Much like in the anime.  I know that could more or less break how tornaments work, but I ahve never done PvP battles before.  

Maybe it would be a nice single play component.
(Dec 16, 2016, 05:19 PM)Black117 Wrote: Well, here's a couple of things I want Game Freak to work on and at least perfect if they try these ideas. Will try to clarify on a few of these though some might be kinda "obvious".

1. Fast EV Training: Similar to back how it was to Hoard Battles in XY ORAS, feel strongly this feature should be buffed to allow better entry point for new competitive players.
  2. "Easier" Encounter and Catch Rates for "same" Mon: OK this might sound redundant as hell especially when players have the Repeat Ball, but there's the Idea. Honestly, feel strongly that any Pokemon with a low encounter chance that have already been encounter before should be 100% much more easier to find again. This chance should be even greater if the player has already capture the Pokemon in-game, though at this point everyone reading this kinda figures this is exactly like the DexNav.
  3. Random Wild Pokemon with Egg Moves: This would be extremely funny and helpful for players who don't have the time to find Egg Moves on specific partners or from different Egg Groups. The point here is to for all wild Pokemon to have at least a 20% chance to find an Egg Move, and it can cap up to 3 Egg Moves and 1 Learnset for a wild Pokemon. 
  4. Wagering Money / Battle Points : Though game freak will probably won't re-introduced "gambling" again, I sure wish there's certain challenges done by NPCs who can potentially double the amount of Money or BP they have for completing a certain challenge. Back in Pokemon Emerald, there was an NPC who would double the amount of BP the player makes if they manage to complete a certain win streak at one of the battle facilities. Not as original but fun. 
  5. Challenge Mode: Ok I'm not talking about BW2's Challenge/Easy Mode system as it requires both games, but rather an "official" challenge mode of the main series game where players have to battle opponent who are progressive much difficult than previous. Maybe not to the scale of to as certain fan-games, but at least to have a notiable impact on the difficulty.
  6. "Change" the Pokeball of "your" Pokemon: This feature is similar to Nicknames, but I feel like players should be given the option to change the asthetics of the Poke Balls, if not change/transfer a mon directly from one ball to another. Maybe this service of sorts might cost a ton of income ($4999), but I feel it can bring customization to the Pokemon themselves. 
  7. Easier catch rates for legends: TBH, I don't get the idea why some of the strongest Pokemon (most are usually legends) have a pain in the *** time to catch. Honestly if a player has reduced the HP down to 1% and has a status condition, the chance to catch the Pokemon should be around 30-40% or so with all the modified catch rates.
  8. Fast In-Game Level Up Facility: Probably one of my most requested of all these ideas: Fast, IN-Game Level Up. Honestly it feels more of a grind (pun not intended) to raise a Pokemon's level in-game up to say level 100 or so. There should be something similar to O-Powers, except players actually gain a significant amount of Level gain until they reach a satifying level. 

#1 YES
#2 YES and ditto' were a pain in my a** to get some decent perfect IV' ones because some of them loved to only be caught after I chucked 20+ pokeballs at them Dodgy
#3 Yes in the spirit that egg moves should kinda work the same as hidden abilities but no because they're not gonna allow this unless an improved friend safari are brought back in later games
#4 YES
#5 YES
#6 Yes in the sense that in the sense of the outside of the pokeball and how the animation looked as you started a battle was allowed in gens IV + V so why stop now
#7 No because GF is ONLY going to do this out of the spirit that their main demographic for these games are gonna cry & whine about why it's taking so long to catch like my generation used to back in pokemon' GB + GBC cartridge days. God I miss my legendaries being hard af to catch
#8 YES this definitely needs to be an option because post game, no matter what kind of pokemon your grinding up to a certain level or condition... it does start to feel teeth gritting grindy & feels like you've been doing the same thing over and over again. Trust me I know... took me a little over 2 years to legitimately complete my pokedex on my X & majority of them I evolved myself Kappa
I think it would be cool if they added a special 'sos ball' that allowed you to catch an sos pokemon without koing the caller.
I am glad I am not the only one who feels like dropping the Dexnav was a bad idea. Man I can't say how much I miss it. Other new mechanics I would appreciate would be

1. A conversion center. Like a way to turn BP into money and money into BP. Post game I always have more money than I want and I wish there was a way to convert it.

2. More ways to earn BP. Limiting the ways to earn BP to only one or two places seems like a waste. Make it to every time you win a battle you get 2 BP and if you loss or forfeit 1 BP. Every successful Pokemon trade for 1 BP or every set amount of trades for 1 BP.

3. Extra ways to spend BP. Make it to where you can spend BP to re encounter legendaries. BP can buy egg moves for a Pokemon. The examples are limitless just add ways to spend BP for both competitive and casual players.
bring back dexnav, let us buy evolutionary items with ingame money not freaking bp, make bp way easier to get and more of it, and i want the pokemon to walk beside the trainer again