Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] What would you do with this Ditto?
I've always been tormented by the idea of using 6 IV generated or even RNG ditto and I've set my mind to catching a 5 or 6 IV ditto in the wild. I've first played through XY in Japanese so I can get a foreign ditto and then decided to try Friend Safari. I've caught a total of 2520 ditto in FS and personally checked all of them and the closest I got to was a 4 IV ditto with the 5th stat one point from 31...So I give up and thought of trying to radar chain with a garuanteed of 3 IVs after chain of 60s.

After a gruelling one week crash learning to chain radar. My highest radar chain was 224 and caught my first 5 IV ditto in the wild, naturally the synchronizer didn't work but what was soul crashing was its IV: 31 31 30 31 31 31. As you can see DEF missed by one point for a 6 IV legitimate wild ditto...

So if you guys were me? Would you try again? I'm leaning on the side of yes but the chances of this happening is so low.
If you have Sun and Moon, then IV's can be improved, but if it's for gen 6 only, then breeding on the Defence stat to the parent you are using alonside the 5 IV Ditto is quite easy through other Pokemon. It's really only problematic when breeding genderless Pokemon, as they can only breed with Dittos. It boils down to what you want with the Ditto I guess Blush Personally I use RNG'd/Genned Dittos, the offsprings are considered legit by the game, and it's not like I'm using something that isn't already in the game, which would be hacking.

Considering you already went through so much trying to find one, finally finding a 6IV one would feel very very rewarding I imagineBlush Otherwise, if it's shiny breeding you are planning to use it for, spending some time on Wonder-Trade-Wednesdays might yield you non-english good IV Pokemon from different Egg groups that you can use, or breed different ones yourself, considering you have a Japanese-languaged game ready. Maybe you get lucky and get  a Ditto.

Cheers
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda
I mainly bred with a 6IV ditto back in XY/ORAS. But before I got one I used to breed two of the same Pokemon together until I got a viable 5IV parent and then bred with that until I got the correct IV spread. Personally I didn't find that it took much longer than breeding with a 6IV ditto if you were breeding for the standard 5 perfect IV competitive mons eg. 31/x/31/31/31/31 or 31/31/31/x/31/31. But if you were looking for more complicated IVs eg. 31/0/31/31/31/31, 31/31/31/31/31/0, or even a 6IV mon it definitely helped having a 6IV Ditto.
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!
Thank you both for your thoughts and advice. I've decided to continue the hunt with breaks of masuda in between as I really want to obtain the holy grail of breeding. The chances of it is 1/30000 and I'm going to give it 1,000 dittos then stop.

Good day Smile
No problem Smile Good luck with your Ditto hunt!
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!
The closest in sun and Moon Ive come in the wild is 4 Huh . I will keep trying as well!
(Sep 20, 2017, 09:01 AM)bambam081890 Wrote: The closest in sun and Moon Ive come in the wild is 4 Huh . I will keep trying as well!

My personal opinion is don't bother. I've tried SM, even further with the Dark HP method to eliminate non 5-6 IV dittos, there seems to be an internal code in the game that prevents getting a 5-6 IV in SM. I've given that 50 tries.
(Sep 21, 2017, 12:03 PM)alwayswannafly Wrote:
(Sep 20, 2017, 09:01 AM)bambam081890 Wrote: The closest in sun and Moon Ive come in the wild is 4 Huh . I will keep trying as well!

My personal opinion is don't bother. I've tried SM, even further with the Dark HP method to eliminate non 5-6 IV dittos, there seems to be an internal code in the game that prevents getting a 5-6 IV in SM. I've given that 50 tries.

Ya I ended up transporting mine over from ORAS and using it to breed.