Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Whats your thoughts on Sun and Moon?
Since Sun and Moon have been out for 3 days and knowing how some people already completed the games.I wanted to know what have you dislked about the games like the new mechanics story and etc and also what have you disliked the games.Ill like to know whats your thought on these games.Have you enjoyed them or not?
As an European, i spoiled myself everything but the story, but i have a few considerations about the mechanics: 
  • Shiny hunting via SOS battles seems much more reliable and safe when compared to the old ORAS encounter chaining method, while hunting for good IV'ed/specific abilities pokemon isn't as easy as  with the DexNav
  • Training EVs seems much more tedious and long without the Super Virtual Training soccer minigame
  • The bottle caps system to max the stats of a pokemon is not very useful for a competitive player as breeding a good pokemon with a few maxed ivs is probably faster than leveling it to 100 and using bottle caps.
  • The fact that HMs are gone is really nice, as it is the new Nursery system in your PC.
  • For the GenWunners like me, the more the Gyms, the better the game, didnt like the fact that now there are just 4 island leaders
  • Most of the legendaries/mysterious pokemon are found in the post league, this is not necessarily good as finding  legendaries  midgame gives a nice sense of progression imho
I hope to have an opinion on the story too by the end of next week Wink
I personally really disliked how Gengar's ability got changed and that we cant fish whereever we want anymore ;-;
(Nov 20, 2016, 03:47 PM)Prodigu Wrote: I personally really disliked how Gengar's ability got changed and that we cant fish whereever we want anymore ;-;

Out of the whole game these are the two you disliked the most.  :D
(Nov 20, 2016, 03:47 PM)Prodigu Wrote: I personally really disliked how Gengar's ability got changed and that we cant fish whereever we want anymore ;-;

Hadn't even thought about the fishing thing until you mentioned it but now I keep thinking about it, Otherwise I've really enjoyed the difficulty compared to previous games It's not like the game is super hard now but its more challenging than it was in previous games
(Nov 20, 2016, 04:03 PM)Dozer Wrote:

Hadn't even thought about the fishing thing until you mentioned it but now I keep thinking about it, Otherwise I've really enjoyed the difficulty compared to previous games It's not like the game is super hard now but its more challenging than it was in previous games

At least you don't find the super effective pokemon for the next gym in the grass patch right next to each town -cough- Gen V -cough-
The fishing changes are really weird, I do find it enjoyable though. Then again I did mange to fish up 5 pearl strings so, then again but I'm glad, that we don't actually require a hm move mule to get around anymore.
I'm honestly very happy with the games overall. I like the fact that HMs have been made obsolete in favor of Ride Pokemon. Of course, now I have a slot in my team where I can put a productive member and that's going to take some getting used to. Not only that though, but it gives us something we have all been really wanting (and were let down by in XY with the gogoats)

Since I haven't started IV and Shiny hunting yet, S.O.S battles can get a bit annoying when you want to catch something for a dex entry. From all the glowing responses to it though, I'm sure I will come to love that in a few days.

I love that we now only have one fishing rod, rather than three. Though I guess I don't see the sense in limiting us to specific spots for fishing. Being able to fish up pearls and such is nice.

I wish there were more islands though. While I liked the departure from the gym system where I go to town, enter gym beat the gym trainers then onto the Leader, the islands themselves felt like more interactive gyms if you will. So the lack of islands made me feel a bit cheated.

I'm putting this last one under a spoiler tag since it is a bit spoilery.

The "E4". They reused three Kahunas as E4 members and I really wish they would have pulled some more "island victors" rather than reusing them. But on that same topic, I'm glad that each consecutive time we beat them we are playing as the defending champ, rather than as a challenger. I also like that the challengers are different, rather than fighting say, Hau every time.
As far as the story goes, absolutely loved it. The changes they made in this game to a lot of thing are just amazing. Only thing I dont like that could have been better is the map.
The only issues I have with the game are:

The SOS system can be annoying when you're just
trying to catch a Pokemon, at least when it works.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

The game feels short(to be fair Gen VI felt the same)

I don't know if this is just me but every time I enter a new route or city it fades to
black as if I entered a building/cave and it feels unnecessary.

Otherwise I think this is the best game since Heart Gold/ Soul Silver.