Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Who has a living dex?
So now that I'm FINALLY (16 years of Pokemon later) the proud owner of a completed pokedex, I've begun working on my living dex cause I just can't do it all over again for Sun & Moon. Between Wonder Trading and the occasional sacrafice of a stupid looking shiny of a pokemon I hate, I've got to say--it's tedious!! I know eventually I'm probably gonna have to breed and hunt for the rest.. but it's just so haaaaaaaard you know? lol

Anyways, tell me my fellow Trainers:
When did you start your living dex?
Did you complete your pokedex when you did?
Has anybody actually completed one?
and Somebody should probably tell me to get my crap together and stop Wonder Trading as my sole completion method
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
Forgive me for the text wall here, rofl!

I started my living dex before I even knew that term and recently fully completed it for the first time since my very first Pokémon game (Yellow, from the Yellow GBC bundle I got as a Christmas gift in 1999). xD  I wanted to be able to have all of the evolutionary forms so that they'd all be counted in my Pokédex whenever I moved them over to the next game. I'm not sure when exactly that was, but I'm guessing it was around the time that the number of Pokémon was pretty large.. Hm.. Probably around the time period of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

I was extremely close to finishing my dex when I joined this site. I started a thread, got a few events I was missing, and got a few other events from asking around in AuSLove's Twitch chat. I'm very grateful to those who helped me with that. Smile (I'm rather self-sufficient and simply didn't have the right sort of internet connectivity until Pokémon X. I think that's why it took me so blasted long!)

I earned nearly all of my Pokémon by myself through WiFi and IRL events, breeding, painstaking leveling, and transferring from one game to the next. I got a handful of them by Wonder Trading and gathered all the Vivillon patterns by checking the GTS rather often. I think I got the Pokéball Vivillon pattern from the Vivillon subforum on reddit. (I also caught all of the Unown patterns back in Pearl's Solaceon Ruins.)

I have both a DSLite and a 3DS, and, I have Emerald, Pearl, Platinum, Soul Silver, White 2, X, and Alpha Sapphire. (Not counting my original Yellow and Silver, though I do have the rerelease of Yellow.) I've gotten some rather interesting Pokémon from Wonder Trading so no complaints there hahah.

It feels incredibly good to have my living dex complete and in order a little while before Sun & Moon are set to hit the shelves!
-----
My Pkmn X Friend Safari - Fire
#1: Growlithe + #2: Larvesta + #3: Braixen
If you don't want your safari info posted, please let me know!
I finished my Dex a few days ago and I am starting my Living dex now. I am sure it will take me a while at least a month bc of life, but I'll be sure to finish it before Sun and Moon.

Also you should probably stop wonder trading to complete your living dex lol.
I JUST completed my Living dex! ^_^ Well, I got 718 + 1.. now that I have Hoopa though.. I'm going for the full 721! :O
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
It took me a few months of wonder trading, breeding, and getting lucky on GTS to complete my living dex. I am missing a few even legendaries, which i'll just wait for the giveaways coming up for those (Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Meloetta, and Keldeo, although I did have a Victini on my Black version, but idk what happened to that game). sitting at 715 right now, and most of my legendaries are Natured for competitive use (even if they cant be used in most sanctioned competitions) with all around decent IVs (5 IV Hasty Darkrai, Atk is 12 IVs)
@devilmoth Congrats on your living dex!
In (roughly) 16 years of playing Pokémon I never completed a dex. I tried in Soul Silver but never got past 455. My lame Internet connection didn't help.
Now I'm at 693 on Alpha Sapphire and I intend to complete it before Sun & Moon are released. I got most of them by myself (from Gen 4-6 games), did a few trades on here or on the GTS. Hopefully I'll get there soon.
@pandagarou what do you need still? as long as its not a legendary, i can help breed you what you need, though it wont have perfect IVs or anything special.
Haven't completed the dex since Pearl (i think) ,im starting to try and complete the shiny living dex for sun and moon when that comes out tho! Might start sooner.
I tend to give away free shinies.