Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Do most players use hacked Pokemon?
Hey guys,

I've been playing Pokemon super casually ever since LeafGreen, but as of a few weeks ago I decided I wanted to start playing competitively online. Recently in Omega Ruby I've just been catching and breeding and preparing to create a team for WiFi battles, but I just had a question; do most players catch their Pokemon and breed them like I do, or do people generally just hack perfect IV Pokemon into the game and play with those? Is that even allowed online?

Thanks!

-Tate
Its allowed and yes more people have hacked ones then just normal day pokemon
(Jan 17, 2016, 11:39 AM)Planb900 Wrote: Hey guys,

I've been playing Pokemon super casually ever since LeafGreen, but as of a few weeks ago I decided I wanted to start playing competitively online. Recently in Omega Ruby I've just been catching and breeding and preparing to create a team for WiFi battles, but I just had a question; do most players catch their Pokemon and breed them like I do, or do people generally just hack perfect IV Pokemon into the game and play with those? Is that even allowed online?

Thanks!

-Tate

I actually use wizardry to summon my Pokemon from the Netherrealm. It's totally legit.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
I wouldn't generally call it "hacking", I would call it Genning. Not a lot of people I know do it though. Only a select number amount of people would dare do it though.
I'm one of the saddest, countriest, and beautifulest Ampharos around
(Jan 17, 2016, 11:46 AM)CharizardSoOP21 Wrote: I wouldn't generally call it "hacking", I would call it Genning. Not a lot of people I know do it though. Only a select number amount of people would dare do it though.

Ah so you breed and catch your own Pokemon then? Smile
(Jan 17, 2016, 11:50 AM)Ridnell Wrote:
(Jan 17, 2016, 11:46 AM)CharizardSoOP21 Wrote: I wouldn't generally call it "hacking", I would call it Genning. Not a lot of people I know do it though. Only a select number amount of people would dare do it though.

Ah so you breed and catch your own Pokemon then? Smile

Most of my competitive pokes. The others I have we're from trades.
Thanks for the responses so far guys (and hey Justin!!)

So, is there really any point to catching and breeding, or should I just use Genned pokemon?
(Jan 17, 2016, 11:56 AM)Planb900 Wrote: Thanks for the responses so far guys (and hey Justin!!)

So, is there really any point to catching and breeding, or should I just use Genned pokemon?

If you wanted to use genned pokemon, I wouldn't stop you. But if you want to catch and breed them, that's awesome!
(Jan 17, 2016, 11:56 AM)Planb900 Wrote: Thanks for the responses so far guys (and hey Justin!!)

Great Question @Planb900, I think it's fine to practice with any pokemon you can get your hands on, but when it comes to actual professional competitive play you must breed them yourself.

The real question is whether or not Pokemon will address 6IV legendary pokemon.

On a side note, has Pokemon taken a stance on legendary Pokemon with more than 4 IVs?
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
Oh, Justin, this has nothing to do with the thread but, do you want a Shiny Butterfree? I'm trying to find someone to take the rest of them (Ir just one).