Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Do u guys think my Rayquaza in oras has a good moveset or could i strengthen it?
My Rayquaza's first move is Dragon Ascent which is his signature move 
his second move is Dragon Pulse to get rid of dragon types
his third move is Iron tail to help with fairy types
and i added flamethrower to deal with ice types 
So really my build helps My rayquaza to counter his weakness to prevent him from getting knocked out by super effective moves 
Do you guys think it is a good build if not please suggest a better build or suggest a few improvements
Tnx for reading!
It's not really a good set for these reasons. Dragon Pulse has abysmal damage output in comparison to Draco Meteor. Sure the stat drop from Draco Meteor is bad but all you need to do is switch out to reset the stat. Iron Tail will most likely miss than hit plus Dragon Ascent already does enough damage to Fairy types. Flamethrower's damage output is also on the lower end of the spectrum. Honestly, Fire Blast and Overheat are better options.

Now to take this set into a more competitive situation, something along the lines of this would work

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Ascent
- Draco Meteor
- Protect / Waterfall / Swords(Dragon) Dance

Extreme Speed allows Rayquaza to revenge kill Pokemon, even if they outspeed, with a priority move. Dragon Ascent and Draco Meteor are for STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) and Waterfall hits P-Groudon with Desolate Land up (Air Lock prevents Desolate Land from stopping water attacks). Protect is here in the case you're playing Doubles/Triples/Multi. Swords Dance and Dragon Dance both allow Rayquaza to hit frightening levels of attack power
(Apr 30, 2016, 11:18 AM)Marcusube Wrote: It's not really a good set for these reasons. Dragon Pulse has abysmal damage output in comparison to Draco Meteor. Sure the stat drop from Draco Meteor is bad but all you need to do is switch out to reset the stat. Iron Tail will most likely miss than hit plus Dragon Ascent already does enough damage to Fairy types. Flamethrower's damage output is also on the lower end of the spectrum. Honestly, Fire Blast and Overheat are better options.

Now to take this set into a more competitive situation, something along the lines of this would work

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Ascent
- Draco Meteor
- Protect / Waterfall / Swords(Dragon) Dance

Extreme Speed allows Rayquaza to revenge kill Pokemon, even if they outspeed, with a priority move. Dragon Ascent and Draco Meteor are for STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) and Waterfall hits P-Groudon with Desolate Land up (Air Lock prevents Desolate Land from stopping water attacks). Protect is here in the case you're playing Doubles/Triples/Multi. Swords Dance and Dragon Dance both allow Rayquaza to hit frightening levels of attack power