Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

EV training question....
I am just curious about the mathematics to EV training... since I don't have Pokerus, would every hoard battle with Power Item be 1EV (pokemon) x 5 (hoard) x 4 (Power Item)? Or am I doing that wrong? I dont have Pokerus or much time to trade for it...

Or if my math is right, wouldnt using Macho Brace be faster? Or does Macho Brace have to be used only for a certain Pokemon EV? I dont understand the Macho Brace.

Can someone just explain this to me without using Pokerus?
Heres how it goes. Do it with nothing = 5 Evs per horde. W/ power item= 10 Evs. Pokerus by itself = 25 Evs. Both = 50 per horde. I BELIEVE thats how it goes
I'm just here.

#RowletBois
In a horde each poke you faint when you have:

-No Power item & no Pokerus will give you 1ev = 5 total
-Pokerus & no power item will give you 2ev = 10 total
-Power Item & no Pokerus will give you 5ev = 25 total
-Pokerus + power item will give you 10ev = 50 total.

This will help when you have an EV spread that is not 252, 252, 4
#TeamForum

(Jan 13, 2015, 05:42 PM)GingerxPug Wrote: Heres how it goes. Do it with nothing = 5 Evs per horde. W/ power item= 10 Evs. Pokerus by itself = 25 Evs. Both = 50 per horde. I BELIEVE thats how it goes

acutually its horde + power item [5*5] = 25EVs per battle  (assuming you have the power item corresponding to the stat. EX: oddish = +1 S.atk EV and Power Lens = +4 S.Atk EVs. 4+1=5*5 (horde)=25)
pokerus is x2 (like a macho brace) [so 2*5] so pokerus by itself is 10EVs per battle
but yes combining all horde + power item + pokerus = 50EVs per horde
and yes raw horde training (no items, no rus) = 5EV per horde

i'm using the app "elite trainer" from the apple store to verify.
but please correct me if i'm wrong, id be sad if i'm giving out wrong information, and would help me as well
So should I just use the Power Item over the Macho Brace? And so that would be 25 per hoard. Thanks.
(Jan 13, 2015, 05:58 PM)Ragnarokist Wrote: So should I just use the Power Item over the Macho Brace? And so that would be 25 per hoard. Thanks.

generally, yes. but if you want to be precise, and say.. need 52 in a stat, just horde battle twice, and then switch over to the macho brace (x2) and battle just one (2*1=2) pokemon instead of the horde and then you get your 2 stats without battling it twice and have it exactly at 52.

or you need 60 in a stat, horde battle twice with the power item to get 50, and then switch over to the macho brace and horde battle again for 10 (2*5).
I was also told that they capped it now in Gen6 at 252, so even if I went to 255+ (for example) it would just stay at 252, is that true?
yes its capped at 252
#TeamForum

Mkay, ill just hoard it out to max these ev training, im going for 252 hp / 252 sp a.
I never can understand the math for EVs I just know how to do it correctly.