Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Thoughts/Opinions on offspring of hacked Pokémon
I'm not the best with titles, but basically what I want to ask is what would you think about someone, say, hacking themself a 6IV Ditto and 6IV Metagross and then placing them in the daycare, then ends up hatching a 6IV Shiny Beldum that wasn't hacked in-and-of itself?

Personally, I consider offspring to be legitimate if (and only if) the offspring could theoretically be found through normal gameplay. A 6IV Shiny Beldum can be found through normal gameplay, though it is extremely rare, even if you're using Masuda's Method + Destiny Knot, so I would consider said Beldum legitimate, as long as it doesn't have other attributes that couldn't be found without hacking, such as a non-standard Pokéball (the Beldum line are genderless, so they CANNOT pass down their Pokéballs). However, I want to know what you all think, because I'm curious as to what others think of this.
I would probably mind it, but if the non-Ditto wasn't hacked (only the 6IV Ditto) I wouldn't
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to
(May 8, 2016, 03:33 PM)wundrweapon Wrote: I would probably mind it, but if the non-Ditto wasn't hacked (only the 6IV Ditto) I wouldn't
I feel the same. I would feel it's a bit much to have both parents genned/Powersaved, but if just the Ditto is PS'd to have 6 IVs then it's not a problem to have it breed with another random Pokemon. You'd still have to spend at least an hour or 2 per Pokemon, getting the right IVs with the ability still takes time, especially for Hidden Abilities. 6IV Ditto mostly saves some steps like gender matching, (which can still be skipped with a legit-obtainable 4 IV Ditto) and setting up parents with good IVs.
I honestly don't mind as long as it is within the game's parameters of possibility. Having the shiny, 6IV, foreign ditto makes sense to have for a variety of reasons, whether you're breeding for competitive pokemons or you're breeding for shinies with the masuda effect. If you're hacking mons for the single player experience, I don't care, and it's not like Nintendo is going to ban you from playing that part of the game the way you want to.

For the multiplayer, you have to play by the fair rules at least. Having a full team of shinies with 6IVs is honestly in my opinion, the least of my worries. The shinies is purely an cosmetic factor that doesn't effect the gameplay. And the IVs plays a little into the gameplay providing a few extra stats. You'd still have to play well by making the right moves and predicting well. Now, the exception would be the obvious hacks, such as shiny legendaries that isn't obtainable like a shiny Kyogre and Groudon; you can't get those through normal gameplay and they don't even have an event that distributes those. And having moves or abilities that a pokemon normally can't have such as a sturdy shedinja.

This is a pretty big moral greyzone and by reading my post I am mixed about it. I intend to play fairly within the game's parameters as part of my choice. You can't convince every single person to follow this unless Nintendo makes strict protocols to detect this sort of stuff and take action. For now though, play to what you believe is right.
Since you're asking for others' opinions, I'll state mine, but know for certain that I don't mind others doing this.

Breeding is part of the fun in Pokemon, but I agree that it takes too much time. For me, as long as I don't gen or ask others to gen for me, it's cool. So if I received a shiny ditto with perfect IVs from different region in GTS, I played by the rules. If I received a breedable pokemon in Wondertrade, even if it's hacked, still cool. For legendaries I soft reset them myself but some mons that I already caught when I didn't know about softresetting, I looked for in giveaways here to have one with good IVs. They're genned but whatever.

My stand in this matter is kinda twisted: "As long as I'm not the one who did it, it's okay"

I would have tried to obtain all battle ready pokemons myself had I known about genning and soft resetting when I started, though. And in Pokemon Sun, I'll try to do it.

It's not to act all high and mighty and boast that I obtain everything legitly and look down on others though.

Just a weird OCD of mine
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

Just looking at the example you provided about the 6IV Ditto and Metagross, the eggs that are produced would be considered legitimate because they were produced in-game.

I have mixed feelings about using 6IV Dittos. On one hand, it makes breeding incredibly easier and quicker. On the other hand, however, you're cutting corners because you're using an obviously hacked Ditto to speed up the breeding process.

I don't blame people for doing it though seeing as how I have a couple 6IV Dittos myself. I'm hoping that Pokemon implement some new breeding mechanics in Sun and Moon that makes it easier without the use of a 6IV Ditto.