Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[FUN] Competitive Pokemon Tournament - SING UP CLOSED
Hallo everyone,
Almost my whole life, I’ve played Pokémon and since generation 6 I’ve played a lot of competitive battles and I relay enjoy them. Because of that, I think it would be fun to start a competitive tournament with a couple of other people. You can read the basic rules down below. If you’re interested or like to participate, please leave a comment Smile
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Basic rules:

*All the matches will be played on Pokémon Showdown (this is the easiest way for all of us ) with the standard OU rules (timer on).

*The tournament will be played with 10 participants.

*The schedule will be random generated by me, after the schedule is completed, every player will receive a copy of the schedule with all the necessary information.  

*Every team will face the others teams twice, each victory will give you 1 point.

*After a battle is over, a replay video on Showdown must be sent to me by one of the players directly after the match.

*If a player doesn’t show up within 15 minutes of the scheduled time, the other team will win automatically (6-0).

*Finish every match: forfeiting will lead to point deduction.

*After 18 matches (for each team), the 4 teams with the most points will be going to the semi-finals. In case 2 teams have an equal amount of points, the team who knocked-out the most pokémons against the other team will be ranked higher than the other.

*In the semi-finals, the highest ranked team will be playing the number 4 of the league, the other match will be the numbers 2 and 3 facing each other. The winners will be going to the final.

*The draft: each team will have 3 OU, 3 UU, 3 RU and 3 NU pokémons (which one of them is allowed to mega evolve). A random order will be generated to decide who can pick first in each tier. After every player picked 1 pokémon in a tier, the same order of picking will be used but this time backwards. For the third pick, the same order of pick 1 will be used. For each tier, a new order will be generated.

*Pokémons with multiple forms will count as separate pokémons (for example Rotom)

*After the draft, each team will choose one of their pokémon who can mega evolve. This does not mean that the chosen pokémon must be mega every game, but none other pokémon can during the whole tournament. If you want to use a mega that is in a higher tier then the regular pokémon (for example Medicham), you have to pick that pokémon in his mega tier (in our example, you have to pick Medicham as a OU pokémon) otherwise you can’t use his mega evolution.

*You can trade with other teams (both pokémons must be in the same tier). You have to send me a message at least 24 hours before your next match to complete the trade and be able to use your new pokémon. You can't trade after the last regular match.

*Respect each other: offensive messages in any way will be punished with point deduction or even disqualification.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sing up

If you want to participate, please comment the following information: team name, Showdown name and timezone. So for example, my own sing up:

Team name: Nijmegen Nuzleafs
Showdown name: sjihttam1996
Timezone: Central European Time (+1 hour)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them down below.
Please, don’t sing up if you know you are not going to finish the tournament.
Amount of places left: 0
Participants

Nijmegen Nuzleafs
Minnesota Magikarps
London Ludicolos
Trick
Surrey Sevipers
Helsinki Hydreigons
Ferocious Feraligatrs
Monargobrothers
Butzmarills
California Camerupts
Hey, first of all I'd recommend talking to AlphaAlpaca, he's trying to set up a similar tournament and it would make sense if there was sign up for only one of these styles of Leagues going on at once so people aren't torn between picking your or his tournament.

And if you aren't aware Jetman99 and I are already running a league in this style and have just finished the drafting stage yesterday, so here's some helpful tips. Make sure the rules on drafting Megas is very clear, for example if one player drafts Mega Heracross in OU, you may or may not want to allow another player to draft regular Heracross in UU. Make sure people know if the different Rotom formes do or do not count as separate Pokemon. During the draft, make sure everybody knows what other people have picked. We did this by Jetman sharing his screen with a spreadsheet of everybody's pick per tier. Make sure that anybody who knows they won't be able to make the draft time that you set gives you a list of the Pokemon that they would most like to draft in order of preference, this is pretty likely due to different timezones.

Hopefully your league goes as smoothly as ours is running at the moment, good luck Smile
Hello, the name is Absol4Prez and I have pretty good knowledge in Pokemon competitive battling, well the single side anyway lol. But yeah I would be really interested in joining, this leauge could also help my channel grow so that is another reason for me to want to join. I have never participated in a tournament though, but I am very excited if you decide to add me. =)
(My Channel is "Absol4Prez")
(Oct 18, 2015, 03:19 PM)RebornFX Wrote: Hey, first of all I'd recommend talking to AlphaAlpaca, he's trying to set up a similar tournament and it would make sense if there was sign up for only one of these styles of Leagues going on at once so people aren't torn between picking your or his tournament.

And if you aren't aware Jetman99 and I are already running a league in this style and have just finished the drafting stage yesterday, so here's some helpful tips. Make sure the rules on drafting Megas is very clear, for example if one player drafts Mega Heracross in OU, you may or may not want to allow another player to draft regular Heracross in UU. Make sure people know if the different Rotom formes do or do not count as separate Pokemon. During the draft, make sure everybody knows what other people have picked. We did this by Jetman sharing his screen with a spreadsheet of everybody's pick per tier. Make sure that anybody who knows they won't be able to make the draft time that you set gives you a list of the Pokemon that they would most like to draft in order of preference, this is pretty likely due to different timezones.

Hopefully your league goes as smoothly as ours is running at the moment, good luck Smile

Thanks for the tips. Good luck and have fun with your league as well Wink
(Oct 18, 2015, 09:24 PM)Absol4Prez Wrote: Hello, the name is Absol4Prez and  I have pretty good knowledge in Pokemon competitive battling, well the single side anyway lol.  But yeah I would be really interested in joining, this leauge could also help my channel grow so that is another reason for me to want to join.  I have never participated in a tournament though, but I am very excited if you decide to add me.  =)
(My Channel is "Absol4Prez")

Hallo Absol4Prez,

thanks for your respond. Feel free to post your battles and everything about the tournament on your YouTube channel to let your channel grow. I will check your channel out as well Wink If you replay with the necessary information to join (meaning your team name, Showdown name and time zone). You’re good to go and I will see you at the draft Smile
Photo 
Okay man, will do.
Team Name: Minnesota Magikarps
Time Zone: EST (New York Time Zone)
Pokemon Showdown Name: Absol4Prez
I have a logo someone made for me if we logos for our team, but yeah I am excited to start this! =)
(Oct 19, 2015, 12:46 AM)Absol4Prez Wrote: Okay man, will do.
Team Name: Minnesota Magikarps
Time Zone: EST (New York Time Zone)
Pokemon Showdown Name: Absol4Prez
I have a logo someone made for me if we logos for our team, but yeah I am excited to start this! =)

Me too! Nice to see you took the effort to make a logo. If you know some people who meight be willing to join as well, let them know.
Hey I am interested in joining this tournemant and will try to follow all the rules as best as I can

My showdown name is- Wokabok
My team name is - The London Ludicolos
My time zone- is Londons

I am looking forward to this event c;
(Oct 29, 2015, 11:14 AM)Frooty Wrote: Hey I am interested in joining this tournemant and will try to follow all the rules as best as I can

My showdown name is- Wokabok
My team name is - The London Ludicolos
My time zone- is Londons

I am looking forward to this event c;

I added you to the list Wink
Hey m8, i would like to join your fun tournament, so here are my

Team name: Trick
Showdown name: Ultra_Shnizzl
Timezone: GTM (+1:00)

I hope I'll be accepted and we'll have some interesting Matches :DD