Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] PokeGEN Question :huh:
Huh Dont many players PokeGEN their pokemon team, and get away with it in VGC?
As far as I know, Pokégen is detectable in an official tournament setting. I'm not sure about Powersaves though. I'm guilty of using Powersaves here and there. I've never brought one to a tournament though.
genning is illegal for official tournaments, powersaving is legal because you cannot detect if a pokemon is powersaved or not
(Sep 6, 2015, 04:42 PM)Observable Wrote: Huh Dont many players PokeGEN their pokemon team, and get away with it in VGC?

As long as you gen a pokemon with a legal poke ball, level (you shouldn't be able to have a Level 52 Hydreigon for example), allowed moves and ability for that pokemon and a max amount of 510 EVs, it's not possibile to detect if your pokemon is genned or not. There is only one way to tell if your pokemon is genned but it requires time to check (a girl NPC in the game who reads into pokemon memories) but as i said, in official live competitions with a lot of partecipants there's no time to do this type of check. They simply use the same security checker as the online Rated Battle Spot Doubles.