Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Rain dance team
Hello everyone, I'm relatively new on competitive builds and online battles, and now I'm trying a rain dance team with some Pokemon that I really like. My intention with this team is to have something to work on, a strategy to run and an offensive, defensive and support Pokemon to help me out in battles.
I have seen some pros of the rain and i'm trying to build a team around that kind of effects, for instance, hurricane and thunder 100% of accuary, the ability Swift swim on some pokemon's and the power of fire type moves reduced by 50%. That's why I choose this Pokemon, to cover weaknesses between them and exploits all their strength.

The Drizzle Inducer

[img]http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/bw/186.pngPolitoed:[img]

Name: Rain! (Politoed) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
-Hydro pump
-Ice Beam
-Perish Song
-Rest

I run this moveset because Politoed is my Lead, the inducer of rain and the one who cover in the water fight, i pick leftovers over any choise iteam because leftovers help me out with this weather war, also rest allow him to regain health if he is weak. I choose Hydro pump over scald or surf for the extra damage.

The Special Sweeper

http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/bw/230.png

Name:Sea king (Kingdra) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Evs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe/ 4hp
Modest Nature (+SpA - Atk)
-Hydro Pump
-Draco Meteor
-Ice beam
-Rest

Once again I run Hydro pump for the extra damage, Ice beam helps me with dragon types, grass types, ground types and flying types pokemons, Draco meteor for an extra damage and sweep a lot of the meta games sweepers and rest for health rengen. I don't know, but I really like this move Smile

The Support

http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/bw/113.png

Name:Teen Mom(Chansey) @Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
-Aromatherapy
-SoftBoiled
-Toxic
-Seismic Toss

Chansey is the special wall of the team, with natural cure he can swich between the battlefield and cure herself the status conditions. Aromatherapy for me is so important because it helps my team for the sleep induced by the rest. Toxic is an alter effect to all chasey's will have.

The one who Embrace the rain.

Name: Leviatan(dragonite) @Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 108 SpA / 148 SpD
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Roost
- Draco Meteor

This dragonite takes advantage of the rain really great and also help the team defensively. Hurricane and thunder will hit all the times and roost help him to stay on the battle field. I use draco meteor for a desperate case when he has to kill desperately someone.

The Physical Sweeper

Name: Behemoth(Metagross) @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear body
Evs: 224 Atk / 160 Hp / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet punch
- Magnet rise

I really like him and I want him in my team. He uses rain in favor for -1 fire type moves, magnet rise for inmunity to earthquake-bulldoze or ground moves and meteor mash, earthquake to deal with fairy types to threat my dragons (Kingdra - Dragonite).

The baton passer

http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/bw/368.png

Name: The pink one(Gorebyss) @White herb
Ability: Swift Swim
Evs: 252 Hp / 24 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature (+spA, -Atk)
-Shell Smash
-Baston Pass
-Surf
-Ice Beam

The last one is my baton passer, he is like omastar but much cooler, his role is to pass shell smash to one of the sweepers or sweep for itself the threads of the team.

Ok, this is my team, if you can tell me what I have to improve and how I can do it will be amazing for me and my game style. Thanks a lot for reading it and I really need your advices. Sorry my english is not my mother lenguage but this help me to keep learning. See you later.

PD: I want to use celebi instead chansey but i don't now if this is viable.
awesome team, put [img](link goes here) [/img] to make those pictures show up
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
A thunder or flying pokemon is definitely needed in this team
#TeamForum
LETS GO SOX
(Nov 16, 2014, 04:32 PM)Animekid7 Wrote: awesome team, put [img](link goes here) [/img] to make those pictures show up

Thanks a lot for the advice but i had no idea how to do it xD
(Nov 16, 2014, 04:34 PM)belmont08 Wrote:
(Nov 16, 2014, 04:32 PM)Animekid7 Wrote: awesome team, put [img](link goes here) [/img] to make those pictures show up

Thanks a lot for the advice but i had no idea how to do it xD

you need the "/" on the last [img] thingy
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
(Nov 16, 2014, 04:33 PM)thewasher19 Wrote: A thunder or flying pokemon is definitely needed in this team
You mind like jolteon, i think he could be a really nice option.