Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

First successful Shiny Hunt~! :D
http://imgur.com/a/OcjAm

I'm so happy! I didn't think I could do it! I apologize for the potato quality picture, it was taken on my husband's phone and I had to be quick since I accidentally woke him up when I found this shiny :D

I got him in the friend safari~ he was my 95th ponyta encounter... I feel pretty lucky <3  He only has 2 IV's for HP andd Attack I think? (still learning about iv's and all that)  But I'm very happy with him regardless!

Shoutout to @Cekeee (it was actually your safari I got him in! Wink ) and @Mystery!  Thank you for all the kind words and support :D  You guys are awesome!

Edit: Feel free to post your victory shinies here, if you'd like! I'd love to see y'alls catches too! <3
Congratz, Hope you enjoy your shiny!!! :D :D :D
@ScarletSableye  Thank you so much! I certainly will :D
@Vyaelra Congrats! Shiny Ponyta looks pretty cool!
@Elly Thank you so much~! Even though his Iv's weren't so good I'm still leveling him up to 100 now ^ ^; I can't wait!
May I ask what technique you used to go Shiny Hunting? Looking to get into it myself but I'm a bit lost on what technique to use  Huh
@Pixelatic  I literally just ran around in a friend's safari that catered to fire types, and counted how many times I ran into the type of pokemon I wanted a shiny version of.  If you want to shiny hunt, inside the friend safari that is,  I believe the odds for shinies are 1/512(?) Somewhere around there.  You don't need repel's or anything like that the only hangup is the friend safari only.

I would however recommend bringing a pokemon that has the ability Illuminate or Arena Trap to increase the encounter rate.  That's pretty much all I did Smile

Here's a super helpful link that explains pretty much all legitimate methods of getting shinies, this is where I actually found out about Justin and this website xD  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cT410kgzXk

You'll see it in the video but here's the link to the counter that Justin mentions: http://pokemonforever.com/pokeradar.php

If you want to change the counter to pay attention to chains and whatnot just click Dex Mode on the bottom right Smile  I hope this helps!
wow congrats  i'm so happy for you and your poor husband lol@"Vyaelra" on getting a shiny ponyta i know your so excited right now i'm currently in a fire safari trying to get my own  shiny ponyta,charmeleon and ninetales and @Pixelatic  and @"Elly" i've added you both my fc is 2337-4862-8162 i hope you guys don't mind thank you for the add in advance. Smile
Congrats! My first legit shiny was actually shiny Ponyta in the friend safari too! Was actually taking a BREAK from shiny hunting when I found it. My fiance was freaked out because I was spazzing all over the place! After that I've had some success chain fishing, and ONE egg I actually used masuda method on over 1000 times, which was my shiny Noibat xD
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
@Vyaelra Did you found it in my fire type safari Wink, btw did the person who told you the iv's say "They siply cant be beat" at the end?