Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

First successful Shiny Hunt~! :D
@Mystery  I'm still so excited haha, I actually scared my husband pretty bad since he had already gone off to sleep... I apparently gasped really loudly when I saw it was shiny, so he came fumbling/rushing out of the bedroom to make sure I was okay.  I'll make it up to him though, cookies always do the trick Wink

@naitre HOLY crap 4k??? I couldn't even imagine waiting/hatching for all of those! Shiny Litwick is so cute though! I was actually thinking about going after one next for AS, I'm kind of in love with Chandelure though so it's probably gonna happen regardless!

@devilmoth  My first legit shiny technically was a Bunnelby... randomly found one while working on my pokedex, I was actually really excited but bummed at the same time that it was basically the zubat of grassy areas :P In fact, if I remember right I had just started working on my dex because I didn't have the shiny charm yet.  It was my excuse to a break from hatching several boxes worth of eevee eggs and getting rid of shiny busts.... haha needless to say I was pretty conflicted, mostly salty though :s  I'm god awful at chain fishing... and pokeradar actually haha, but that shiny Noibat! Those colors are so cool!!  I bet you were so stoked haha

Thank you all so much! Heart
@Cekeee  Yes it was your fire type safari! Haha thank you so much for the add, it was perfectly timed it seems :D  And yes the judge dude said those magic words, was disappointed at first that he didn't continue but I don't think there's anything that'll keep me down about this shiny ^ ^;
Congrats on the shiny mate! Looks Amazing!
I have had some crazy shiny luck lately.
Ponyta- 23 encounters
Octillery-1 encounter
Pumpkaboo-1 encounter
Gabite- 52 encounters
Illumise- 69 encounters

and plenty more
@ScarletSableye i am now at 1002 encounters for my gabite... rip
Never caught any wild shiny pokemon Sad only shinies i have are dratini and haxorous from white 2. Really awesome though, its crazy the dedication that goes into shiny hunting.
@MagicalMops Thanks! :D

@ScarletSableye Jesus, one encounter with Pumpkaboo?!  That's amazing! I hope I get your luck sometime :P All of those numbers are crazy low, congrats on all the pretty shinies~!

@Cekeee  One day soon Cekee! Haha  good luck with your shiny Gabite hunt Smile

@Koltm89 Yeah seeing some of the videos and streams with people shiny hunting, the time they put into it is insane! Like SupremeRk9s in particular has plenty of hunts that took weeks to finish, sometimes months.  This is my first successful shiny hunt, but I feel like I got super duper lucky with how quickly I got ponyta.  I might try and hunt for something else to get a better idea of what the odds are like on a normal basis Shy
I don't know that this counts as a form of shiny hunting but when i was still playing around in Pokemon X, I was just searching for something until i entered a random encounter and found a shiny noibat. At tat time i didn't know what was a shiny but since it looked cool, I decided to capture it. Every since I've been laughing and faceplming myself when someone told me it was a shiny.
(Aug 17, 2016, 10:51 PM)Vyaelra Wrote: http://imgur.com/a/OcjAm

I'm so happy! I didn't think I could do it! I apologize for the potato quality picture, it was taken on my husband's phone and I had to be quick since I accidentally woke him up when I found this shiny :D

I got him in the friend safari~ he was my 95th ponyta encounter... I feel pretty lucky <3  He only has 2 IV's for HP andd Attack I think? (still learning about iv's and all that)  But I'm very happy with him regardless!

Shoutout to @Cekeee (it was actually your safari I got him in! Wink ) and @Mystery!  Thank you for all the kind words and support :D  You guys are awesome!

Edit: Feel free to post your victory shinies here, if you'd like! I'd love to see y'alls catches too! <3

Congrats! I just found a shiny goomy myself after some fast music. (that I luckily got after failing 2 chains which were +20 and +30)
(Aug 18, 2016, 01:52 PM)Cekeee Wrote: @ScarletSableye i am now at 1002 encounters for my gabite... rip

You'll find it eventually  :D Wink Undecided Huh

don't become this guy -->  Dodgy Angry