Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Getting nervous! answer quick! PLZ
so guys i a freaking out right now, i just clicked on an pop-up add accidentally and it downloaded a file on my computer automatically (most probably a virus) by something known as a drive-by (uncontrolled/automated) download. i never touched the file and deleted it on spot as soon as i saw, it was created about two minutes early when deleted from my computer. now do i need to worry about my computer or will it be fine.
Any help is appreciated!
I wouldn't worry about it too much but if anything weird starts happening I'd go seek pro help
I need more info. what was the downloads name?
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
As long as you haven't opened that file, you should be ok. It also depends on the extention of that file: a .exe file, for example, can't do anything if you don't manually open it (even if it's a virus / malware) but there are rare file extensions which may activate the moment you download them.
(Nov 11, 2015, 11:47 PM)Pokeventurer Wrote: so guys i a freaking out right now, i just clicked on an pop-up add accidentally and it downloaded a file on my computer automatically (most probably a virus) by something known as a drive-by (uncontrolled/automated) download. i never touched the file and deleted it on spot as soon as i saw, it was created about two minutes early when deleted from my computer. now do i need to worry about my computer or will it be fine.
Any help is appreciated!
Download the free avg antivirus and it will route it out in a few moments after setup
This is the lore of the jungle as old and as true as the sky the wolf that shall keep it may prosper but the wolf that shall break it must die
A. Make sure to empty it from your recycle bin.
B. As Jdawg2003 said, download AVG Antivirus. It's a good program and actually does what it's supposed to.
C. Relax! You'll be ok. If anything, it's just a little Malware. You want to get it rid of before it becomes a problem though, so make sure to utilize that AVG program! ♥
Sylveon, use destroy everything!
It's super effective ~♥
I recommand Anti Malwarebytes https://www.malwarebytes.org/

it detects malwares AVG is not able to find