Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Greetings Programs
Signed up to post about mental health. It's something that affect people in my life. I thought it was important, and I've been meaning to try to join a community for a while.

I'm starting to try to get in to Pokemon competitively, and I'm looking for assistance.
I was to be able to converse with people as I build a team, due to not having many [or any really] friends to talk to IRl about competitive Pokemon. Everyone I know plays casually.

I'm looking for guides, or resources I should perhaps be using.
Also, when looking at IVs and EVs, is Super training a bad thing?
Where can I see decent Pokemon builds, etc.

The best Pokemon I think I've trained decently [Not perfect] is my Aegislash. I've always loved Ghost types, Haunter is my absolute favourite Pokemon. Ghost Steel seemed amazing to me, and when I started to look in to the meta [In X] a lot of people played it!

I'll chat some more on what I'm looking for and such if people are interested in the topic.
Welcome!
If you're looking for help getting into competitive Pokemon you should check out Tygaa's Intro to VGC Guide, as well as Rougue's Team Building Guide, Naitre's guide to Competitive EV spreads and Animekid's Breeding Guide

There's also a Metagame Megathread where you'll find some helpful tips on some of the threats in VGC and a Q&A Thread for any other questions you might have.
Lastly, if you want someone to help you build a team there is a Mentorship Program where you can work with some of the more experienced members to help build a team
Hi! Welcome to the website! :D
I'm Umbreon, the nocturnal member of #TeamForum
Those well-practiced in the art of deceit may find themselves welcome to join me on Town of Salem...
(May 15, 2015, 10:18 AM)Eckley Wrote: Welcome!
-snip-

Thank you very much, this is a lot of information I have been trying to seek out for a long time!
I'm not exactly sure where to post on the forums, but perhaps I can make a presence here, and become more apart of the community!

I'm very glad you've helped me find what I've been looking for, for a long time now! :3
Welcome :D
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Welcome to this lovely area where Goomy is worshipped and the dark corners of Chatot Kappa
Welcome to the site
Welcome aboard.
-sandragon13
Thanks for the welcomes!
(May 15, 2015, 05:41 PM)naitre Wrote: -snip- ...feel free to ask us in the Q&A thread for a build!

Thank you again. All these responses are a very positive experience for me. I'm using to communities being very thrashing, especially where a competitive environment is. This is a welcome change.

On the Q&A board, I am a little timid, due to the above mentioned, is there any chance of people flipping out at me for any reason there?
I realize now I should have posted my Ditto question there probably.

I'm not 100% on the ins and outs of this place just yet, so trying to feel around.