Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Greninja banned to Ubers in Smogon
This is the most important part

I feel like a lot of people who don't play Smogon don't know this. But we now have play list called AG. Which stands for anything goes, and it literally means what you think it is. Singles with anything goes. The only thing that's banned is the endless battle clause. So you can literally go play without bans.

The thing is, these bans/tiers are important for singles. Once again it's not like doubles. I can't predict your attack, protect, and attack with my other Pokemon. Nor can I double up on one of your Pokemon to take it out. The reason why they're important is so you can use all the Pokemon you want to. Muk is one of my favorite Pokemon in the game. But because it's not too good, it'd be dumb for me to try and use it at a competitive stand point. What can Muk do against OU pokemon like Landorus, Mega Metagross, Terrakion, etc? Nothing. But in the NU tier where Muk is, it's a pretty good Pokemon and I can tank hits, OHKO things, 2HKO things, and whatever else may happen. It lets me enjoy this Pokemon who would normally lose in a competitive battle.

So tiers are needed to let us use Pokemon we want to use, and that's all we really wanna do. Play singles how we want to, use all the Pokemon in the game, make interesting teams, learn new combos, and ladder high to display our skill to each other.
yeah you telll 'em Rouge #RougeForPresident
(Jan 12, 2015, 11:26 AM)Eckley Wrote: yeah you telll 'em Rouge #RougeForPresident

I don't mean to sound so excited about this I'm sorry guys ;-;

I just feel like there's a lot of lies going around about Smogon and how we do things. I'm not sure who started them, but no one bothered us until about a year ago we got attacked by a huge group of new VGC players.

I'm sure their are bad Smogonites who might have treated some of you wrong, but there will always be bad people everywhere. Bad VGC players, bad teachers, bad smash players, etc. They will be excessively mean and rude to you for no reason. But there's also good, obviously.

I guess I'm just sick of the negativity in a community of one of my favorite games. I don't hate VGC or VGC players and I'm a Smogon frontier player. All the Smogon players I know play VGC too. We're just trying to play singles the way we want, ya know? Not trying to hurt anyone or make anyone angry.
@Rogue so your saying Greninja shoud not be allowed because if someone leads with it and you don't predict correctly you will be in a bad postion? Predicting that is part of the game and if that is what smogon wants to take away then that makes the "watering down" comment I made earlier is hard to argue against

I've also stated multiple time that I don't have anything against or "hate" smogon. Just don't agree with it
#TeamForum

Don't really want to get involved in this, but I think ubers is a bit too much for Greninja. just my opinion though
(Jan 12, 2015, 11:45 AM)tygaa2 Wrote: @Rogue so your saying Greninja shoud not be allowed because if someone leads with it and you don't predict correctly you will be in a bad postion? Predicting that is part of the game and if that is what smogon wants to take away the the "watering down" comment I made earlier is hard to argue against

What I'm saying is Singles is different then Doubles. It's not just "you'll be in a bad position" it's "you could literally lose the entire game all by your one bad prediction."

Also, there is no guy who's the ruler of Smogon who just woke up one morning and said: "Hm, I'm gonna ban Greninja." The high level players vote on this. The community. The voting was stopped early at 249 votes because 82% already voted for a ban. We don't like how we HAVE to run multiple Pokemon just to counter one Pokemon that we may not even get to counter according to their team. If you can give me 6 pokemon on one team who can shrug off Greninja, and STILL live in an OU environment, I'll agree with you.

OU has been a mess recently because literally all the teams look the same because Greninja limits team building.
I understand your point and even tho I don't agree with it if that's what makes smogon players happy then good for yall
#TeamForum

(Jan 12, 2015, 11:51 AM)Eckley Wrote: Don't really want to get involved in this, but I think ubers is a bit too much for Greninja. just my opinion though

You'd be surprised my friend! Gunk Shot OHKO's Xerneas after stealth rock damage (;
Ice beam OHKO's Rayquaza, Ice Beam 2HKO's defensive Giratina, Low Kick 2HKO's defensive Dialga.

Some people even run scarf Greninja in Ubers to take out things like mega salamence, shaymin sky, Mewtwo, and deoxys!

Trust me, it's not too bad c:
(Jan 12, 2015, 11:56 AM)tygaa2 Wrote: I understand your point and even tho I don't agree with it if that's what makes smogon players happy then good for yall

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Also, I hope I didn't come off as angry or anything like that. I respect you a lot, I'm just trying to get you to see where we're coming from. Thats all.
Well that's changed my mind real quick haha

I've never played ubers, so my opinion was from an outside view. I thought with his low bas stats- Compared to the legends - that he'd have a tough time, but from what you just said, he should be able to do fine. I know base stats aren't the only thing that make a pokemon good/bad, but like I said, I just thought compared to the pokemon in ubers he'd struggle a bit