Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Guys I need some help
Ok so this is eating at me for a while, after I watched Alex Ogloza's mono bug team video I wanted to build a team around a HP Ice Yanmega, but since I am very new to this I need some help. Currently in my team I have decided to bring a swampert as a support. Stuck on what I should take for my other 4 slots, any suggestions guys? <3 you all
Can u tell me how swampert gonna be a support? @.@
if u wanna bring a swampert....better get swampert+politoed which is really cool....and a mon which would take down meta thread like M-Kang :D

P.S : I'm beginner too
(Nov 21, 2015, 01:05 AM)dreadhate Wrote: Can u tell me how swampert gonna be a support? @.@
if u wanna bring a swampert....better get  swampert+politoed which is really cool....and a mon which would take down meta thread like M-Kang :D

just reg bulky swamp as support for wide guard coverage and to cover the 4x weakness to rock Smile, I did some calculations and the spread I put on the Yanmega has a guaranteed OHKO on M Kang.
(Nov 21, 2015, 01:08 AM)RyuuMon Wrote:
(Nov 21, 2015, 01:05 AM)dreadhate Wrote: Can u tell me how swampert gonna be a support? @.@
if u wanna bring a swampert....better get  swampert+politoed which is really cool....and a mon which would take down meta thread like M-Kang :D

just reg bulky swamp as support for wide guard coverage and to cover the 4x weakness to rock Smile, I did some calculations and the spread I put on the Yanmega has  a guaranteed OHKO on M Kang.

Oh thats cool :D ....but u have 2x (4x) weakness ...which i think might be threat to u sometimes.....if u want a wideguard option...conkeldurr or aegislash would be cool....and first of all we should choose a mega :D (i know u aldy a got a Yan-mega :P )
(Nov 21, 2015, 01:14 AM)dreadhate Wrote:
(Nov 21, 2015, 01:08 AM)RyuuMon Wrote:

just reg bulky swamp as support for wide guard coverage and to cover the 4x weakness to rock Smile, I did some calculations and the spread I put on the Yanmega has  a guaranteed OHKO on M Kang.

Oh thats cool :D ....but u have 2x (4x) weakness ...which i think might be threat to u sometimes.....if u want a wideguard option...conkeldurr or aegislash would be cool....and first of all we should choose a mega :D (i know u aldy a got a Yan-mega :P )

mb miscalc forgot to set to lvl50 (yea Im that newbie) guarantee 2HKO on M Kang, might replace the swampert with a conkeldurr... as for the mega, I dont know
I think u can probably put M-Kang to Conkeldurr's Mach Punch KO range....For mega..u can still choose our own M-Kang ...and if u prefer weather team...politoed is always a good choice(cuz i love politoed) and with Aegislash u have coverage for fairy/rock/ghost/psychic
Yanmega's coverage of HP Ice, Air Slash and Bug Buzz/Ancient Power/Giga Drain (this third move is a filler and you can choose the one you prefer) is able to OHKO or nearly OHKO threats such as Landorus-T, M-Salamence and to deal heavy damage to any Fighting and Grass type such as Amoonguss, M-Venusaur, Conkeldurr and so on.

A partner like M-Kang makes sense because Yanmega takes care of its primary threats (Lando, Mence and Fighting types) and M-Kang also offers Fake Out support to give Yanmega a safer turn to get a Speed Boost.

You should't scare away Landorus in Team Preview, you want to attract it so that you can get a surprise OHKO with Yanmega, that's why i wouldn't use bulky Water types or any Competitive/Defiant ability pokemon. Your main problem is facing Thundurus because it can just Prankster TWave your Yanmega, so i would use something like Lum Berry Terrakion to have a strong STAB Rock Slide coverage which deals not only with Thundurus but also with opposing Fire types that may cause some problem to Yanmega.

M-Kang, Yanmega, Terrakion doesn't seem really solid yet (Rotom-W, Fairy types, Cresselia and bulky Water types are still huge problems).

A good core to patch these problem could be a Aegislash/Rotom-Heat/Gastrodon composition: Aegislash is a free switch into Ice and Fighting type moves and it deals with M-Gardevoir and Cresselia. Rotom-H adds some great resistances that you still need (Electric, Fire, Fairy and immunity to Ground) and it completely walls opposing Thundurus and Heatran. Storm Drain Gastrodon walls any Water type not named Ludicolo and opposing Rotom-Wash can't even touch you. Gastrodon's Scald/Earth Power/Ice Beam coverage is also amazing and it is another Thundurus counter (watch out for Swagger lol)

http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?42...39|469|115

Since you have Terrakion and Rotom-H to check opposing M-CharY, i wouldn't use Ancient Power on Yanmega. I think that Giga Drain may be the best option to have a Grass type move in your team (you can OHKO a Mega-Swampert and in general, you have something to hit harder things such as Milotic, Suicune, Politoed and Rotom-W) while Bug Buzz doesn't give you any particular coverage (maybe on Hydreigon, but your Terrakion can outspeed and OHKO it with Close Combat).

Let me know what you think about it and if you would change something! For example, this team doesn't have any Intimidate or Taunt support or a form of speed control.. but i tried to put Yanmega in the best possible position to have a main role in the team.
Would switching Gastrodon with Icy Wind, Tail Wind and scald work in this team as the source of speed control?
Everything else is great thanks
(Nov 21, 2015, 06:16 AM)RyuuMon Wrote: Would switching Gastrodon with Icy Wind, Tail Wind and scald work in this team as the source of speed control?
Everything else is great thanks

Yeah you can use a bulky Gastrodon with Scald, Icy Wind, Earth Power and Recover for example (it doesn't get access to Tailwind).