Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[HELP] Including Images in Bio/Signature
From a bit of reading up on this end of the forums I understand that in order to write a signature for my posts, I need to raise my reputation in order to become a trusted user, which then allows me to write and include a signature, as well as having a personal title instead of "Farewell mother...", and I want to check first of all if that's correct or if there's anything I'm missing or not understanding.
That was never explained to me nor could I find a place to have it explained that wasn't a previous member asking the questions themselves.

Now onto the actual topic of the post, I'm wondering if there is any way I can code my bio like normal posts, to include things like images (which is mainly what I'm after), changing font types and sizes, or any of the other available options.
I'm assuming the same goes for signatures and that I can't code those as well, so I'm wondering if there's any way that can be made possible.

Thanks, and sorry for any misunderstandings.
(Nov 20, 2018, 06:18 PM)Hikikomari Wrote: From a bit of reading up on this end of the forums I understand that in order to write a signature for my posts, I need to raise my reputation in order to become a trusted user, which then allows me to write and include a signature, as well as having a personal title instead of "Farewell mother...", and I want to check first of all if that's correct or if there's anything I'm missing or not understanding.
That was never explained to me nor could I find a place to have it explained that wasn't a previous member asking the questions themselves.

@Hikikomari That's correct, those are user groups --- you may find this thread useful.

As for including images, changing font sizes in your bio I don't know if that's possible. I am afraid not, but I am not sure. But you can do this for signatures to a certain extent, and you can also edit your title, as long as you become a trusted user, the community's primary user group.
 ~ Always ready to fire up the party! ~ 
(Nov 20, 2018, 10:08 PM)Black Waterfall Wrote: @Hikikomari That's correct, those are user groups --- you may find this thread useful.

As for including images, changing font sizes in your bio I don't know if that's possible. I am afraid not, but I am not sure. But you can do this for signatures to a certain extent, and you can also edit your title, as long as you become a trusted user, the community's primary user group.

Thanks! For some reason I'd only started reading the first two or three posts in that thread so I didn't catch some of the later things that were explained. Is there a list of the user groups and permissions granted with them that I can read through?

I'm a little upset by the limitations of the bios, but after playing around with mine and noticing it has a fairly short character limit, there's less that I can fit than I thought I'd be able to. That stuff would probably fit in my signature should I choose to include it all.
I suppose the best way to get used to everything is just join the necessary user groups for whatever I'm trying to do.
(Nov 21, 2018, 12:35 AM)Hikikomari Wrote: Thanks! For some reason I'd only started reading the first two or three posts in that thread so I didn't catch some of the later things that were explained. Is there a list of the user groups and permissions granted with them that I can read through?

@Hikikomari Unfortunately, not that I know of...  Sad

(Nov 21, 2018, 12:35 AM)Hikikomari Wrote: I'm a little upset by the limitations of the bios, but after playing around with mine and noticing it has a fairly short character limit, there's less that I can fit than I thought I'd be able to. That stuff would probably fit in my signature should I choose to include it all.
I suppose the best way to get used to everything is just join the necessary user groups for whatever I'm trying to do.

Alternatively, you can also include a link to an external webpage in your bio, something like that. It is not an ideal solution but it should work...
You need 15 Rep for it. I've been here a while, and I still don't have enough rep. So chill.
(Nov 21, 2018, 04:05 AM)Black Waterfall Wrote: @Hikikomari Unfortunately, not that I know of...  

Well that sucks. Is there a way I can contact an admin (or the equivalent) to request a page like that be made? It'd help new people out especially, instead of them having to ask questions and make more and more threads to be told the same answers.

(Nov 21, 2018, 04:05 AM)Black Waterfall Wrote: Alternatively, you can also include a link to an external webpage in your bio, something like that. It is not an ideal solution but it should work...

I didn't think of that, thanks. It's not ideal and I like doing the most I can with signatures or bios, but I'll see what I can come up with when I get the chance.

(Nov 21, 2018, 08:45 AM)dmann Wrote: You need 15 Rep for it. I've been here a while, and I still don't have enough rep. So chill.

Seems the grind is pretty slow then. I'm used to having things like these available from the start on forums, and it's one of my favourite parts, so I'm eager to be able to utilise them on this site as well.
(Nov 21, 2018, 01:19 PM)Hikikomari Wrote: Seems the grind is pretty slow then. I'm used to having things like these available from the start on forums, and it's one of my favourite parts, so I'm eager to be able to utilise them on this site as well.

Considering I have been on the site over a year as well (a year and 11 days, if you want to be technical), and I am still waiting on enough rep, then a secondary thing needs to be put in place for those here a long time but don't have enough rep.
(Nov 21, 2018, 01:19 PM)Hikikomari Wrote: Well that sucks. Is there a way I can contact an admin (or the equivalent) to request a page like that be made? It'd help new people out especially, instead of them having to ask questions and make more and more threads to be told the same answers.

Maybe @stephenWITNESS can shed some light on the issue?

(Nov 21, 2018, 08:45 AM)dmann Wrote: You need 15 Rep for it. I've been here a while, and I still don't have enough rep. So chill.

Yeah, it tends to be an excessively slow proccess. The general idea is that users get reps by helping others users or adding value to the community. In my view, there are many aspects to that: responding to someone's trading request, offering guidance in the community, starting interesting discussions, hosting giveaways etc. Sometimes kindness is paid back with kindness, and sometimes it is paid back with reps.

Hosting a giveaway is probably the fastest way to boost your reps, I think.
(Nov 21, 2018, 10:35 PM)Black Waterfall Wrote: Yeah, it tends to be an excessively slow proccess. The general idea is that users get reps by helping others users or adding value to the community. In my view, there are many aspects to that: responding to someone's trading request, offering guidance in the community, starting interesting discussions, hosting giveaways etc. Sometimes kindness is paid back with kindness, and sometimes it is paid back with reps.

Hosting a giveaway is probably the fastest way to boost your reps, I think.

I've hosted a few giveaways, but very little has come of it, repwise. I do have the Gen 7 Hunting Guide though.
Hi @Hikikomari! Hopefully I'll be able to answer some of your questions. For making a signature, as @Black Waterfall said, you need to be in the trusted user group. To get trusted user you're required to have a total of 15 rep and have made over a certain number of posts (can't think of what it is off the top of my head right now, believe it might be 50+). Also as far as the permissions for user groups go, all have the same permissions as you do right now, barring the trusted user group which has the ability to make a signature. There is also no way to join them, you'll move up through them automatically as you post more and receive rep, untill you meet the requirements for trusted user.

For what you were asking about the customisation within the user bio and signature. The user bio has none, baring the ability to add links, and signatures have the same options as posts eg. images, fonts, colours, text position etc.

I believe that there used to be a post that explained how the user groups worked but it seems to have been deleted so I'll look into makimg a new one. Think it also might be worth having a look over who has the ability to make a signature as getting 15 rep isn't what it used to be haha.

Hope that helps a bit. If you need help with anything else shoot me a pm on either here or on the forums discord server!
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!