Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

HELP Please
I just got into pokemon y and just finished the game and deciding which team to build. Any thoughts because I do like some new generation pokemons, but at the same time I am kind new to IV and Ev :/
I would like to know what pokemons to use or build.
Talonflame and Aegislash are two of the most powerful pokemon in Y, but I wonder which Kanto starter you chose. Charizard and Venusaur both have mega forms that see some good use. I would recommend googling for some competitive information, Smogon has a lot of tips that helped me build a really strong Vaporeon, which I never thought I would use competitively. Idk, start 1 or 2 that you like the most and see what those are weak against so you can fill the gaps. I'm not good at ranked battles but I think it's good to have fun in the free battles while you are still figuring out what works well for you.
Can you h*ck me a Ditto?
I am trying to breed charmanders, but at the same time I would need to get the mega evoultion for charizard x :/. Willing to some of my legendaries or shines to get some help. I already have pokerus. I would love to have gengar in my team because it would nice to have my childhood memories.
I have been using smogon, but I think the real struggle I really have is the IV breeding not really understanding it well.
Gengar has his own mega so I would make a choice between him and Charizard, but you can still have both if only one of them gets the mega. Could maybe play mind games with that. If you want the X mega you just need to trade with somebody who really wants the Y mega, I would look around in the trades section or start your own thread if you can't find anything. But if you start with those two you should be able to build a team around them. With Charizard X and Gengar you have a physical and a special attacker, now you need some bulk and some support. But like I said I am pretty bad at competitive so do a little of your own research as well.
Can you h*ck me a Ditto?
(Jul 19, 2016, 11:38 PM)Thekaratekid Wrote: I just got into pokemon y and just finished the game and deciding which team to build. Any thoughts because I do like some new generation pokemons, but at the same time I am kind new to IV and Ev :/
I would like to know what pokemons to use or build.

Well..damn you got into Pokemon Y and finished the game beating the elite four, i think you covered the basics already.
IV stands for Individual Values. Pokemon haves different IV's through out the game and Nature plays in the IV's too, but only a little.
IV can be notice by comparing two of the same pokemon. IV's are the stats on the statistic of that pokemon like Atk, Def...etc..when viewing your party summary.

EV means Effort Value training. EV is basically leveling up your Pokemon through battles and Exp Share without the use of Rare Candies or other means of leveling up.

If you know the Pokemon's type, Strength and Weaknesses when battling trainers....then i think you are already consider a pretty knowledgable trainer.
If you want to play the harder content in Pokemon Y, visit the Battle Maison. Thats where it gets frustrating even for Pro players.
I'm not really expert on Battle Maison, but if you like to do readings...here is a good start.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comment...ison_tips/

These pro players gives a good set of Pokemon ready for Battle Maison.
Haha yeah I know, but at the same time I would like to try bringing these pokemons to the tournment, which means I have to follow their rules. So yeah if you know anyone need the pokerus willing to spread that Smile
With IV breeding you really want a Destiy Knot. Some people use a 6IV ditto but you can also find tutorials on youtube which is how I got into IV breeding.
Can you h*ck me a Ditto?
@Fooni thanks for the tip I am reading this lol
Yeah I am trying to get IV ditto, but I guess its all about time 
If I can get it I would really appreciate it, but I tried posting up some so I can try at least getting one