Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Heatran help
Just having a minor issue with my heatran and it's ev spread. That is to say figuring out what's best. Smogons guide has a series of references to rotom-a in it's ev details and I'm not sure I understand the relevance of that.

So my usable heatran is timid first of all. I'm not gonna reset my cartridge to try and get a modest one due to laziness mostly. Plus with regionals so close I don't want to be in the middle of a game and not have open access to the resort.

Secondly, I'm using heatran for it's defensive synergy with mega heracross. I'm planning on maxing it's special attack to get the most out of it's great damage output but for defenses and speed I'm indecisive.
Good luck man! I know how annoying it is to reset tons of times hoping for the best nature! Smile
Well I only had a single pokemon with synchronize and a beneficial nature. So I could have tried to get that modest synchronize but.... man... I know some people go HAM resetting with legends for IV's but I honestly just took the one that didn't have an attack iv(which still took fifteen or so tries). The problem is that while I like heatran and fully believe it has a place on my team, I am not expirienced with it and need to refine what I need from it's stats.
I think that the best way to run a timid heatran is 252/252/4 one's to effectively speed creep and remove that threat even before they move, if u want it more defensive, u may wanna cut some from sp.atk and then add a damage enhancing item. a tmid tran should always outspeed atleast a breloom. if u are planning on running the team behind tailwind (something that m-heracross and heatran click to me) then the EV spread should also be effected.
I run max speed 252 Special attack and timid and have great success. I usually use life orb for max damage and sometimes I get wierd and use sash to survive EQ from lando T and answer back with HP ice