Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Hello! New Member
Hello I am new to this Forum. I just got back in to Pokemon for the first time in years. I never was a hardcore player but this time around i can seem to get enough of the game. Just know starting to kinda understand the breeding side of it. Really looking forward to Z in a few months. I hope to learn so good stuff from you Pros.
Well im not a pro like Eckley or naitre, but i'll try to help you as much as I can, welcome to the forum! ^^
Money cannot buy happiness, but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than a bicycle.

Previously Known as MistressGlaceon

uwu i can hacku
(Dec 18, 2015, 10:18 AM)Aiyana Wrote: Well im not a pro like Eckley or naitre, but i'll try to help you as much as I can, welcome to the forum! ^^
Thanks lol! :D
i can give you a quick run down of what i know about breeding.
bulbapedia has an amazing page on it as well

step 1. get a breeding ditto from eckley/naitre, the thread is on this site and always open, its a 6iv ditto and be sure to ask for one thats not from your region, if your US then your good cause they give ITA/JPN

everstone - pokemon holding it will pass down its nature

destiny knot - as long as one pokemon is holding it then 5ivs will be passed down from the parents

hidden abilities - female has 70 or 80% chance of passing hidden ability to child, males have 20%

pokeballs - child will inherit pokeball from mother, 100%

ditto - cannot pass down hidden ability or pokeball

IV checker - in XY he is located in the pokecenter in killoude city, i dont know about ORAS but google does

egg moves - both males and females pass down egg moves, 100%

lvl up moves - both parents have to know move to pass it down

thats the bulk of it, with that knowledge just get the starter poke you want with HA( if wanted), desired pokeball, and egg moves then start breeding it with your ditto and checking the offsprings IVs, once you get a child with more IVs than the current in-daycare parent just switch them, repeat

also, egg moves will be overwritten by lvl up moves in daycare, but as long as you dont take the egg move parent out they will continue to pass down, if you do end up loosing your egg moves you can relearn them with a heart scale and the move rememberer.

pretty sure thats all i know, ive never breed before this gen but the new features and the breeding dittos(thank you again poke-saints eckley and naitre) make it a breeze

hope ive been helpful, chyea
oh, i forgot to mention medusa method

the reason you need a ditto form a different region is cause to promote trading, gamefreak made it so when your breeding if the parents are from 2 different regions the chances of a shiny skyrocket!

i forget the exact numbers but im pretty sure if you get the shiny charm(by completing your national dex) and you use the medusa method your chances of hatching a shiny are 1 in 512

amazingly better chances than 1 in 8000 XDDD
Welcome to the forum :D
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Welcome to the Site
Welcome to the site, friendo!
If you need any Pokemons you're missing I'll try my best! :D
I don't actually sleep.

I am just a stray cat.
(Dec 18, 2015, 10:36 AM)bensif Wrote: i can give you a quick run down of what i know about breeding.
bulbapedia has an amazing page on it as well

Thanks!!! Good Info!
(Dec 18, 2015, 11:35 AM)Sharkerz Wrote: Welcome to the site, friendo!
If you need any Pokemons you're missing I'll try my best! :D
Sure could use a Haunter. Was one of my favorites long time ago and he not in this version of AS and not having any luck on GTS