Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Help with VGC??
So I have absolutely no clue if this is where this is supposed to go, and if it's not I greatly apologize, but anyways.

I would like to participate in VGC this year, but I have some questions and honestly haven't been able to find answers. Please, any help would be appreciated.
  • Is it too late to participate in VGC 2015?
  • How do you sign up for regional tournaments? Or do you just show up?
  • Can you sign up for regional tournaments, or do you have to be invited or win more local tournaments beforehand?

Any info at all would be appreciated. Thank you!! Smile
First off I think there are some PC challenges remaining around this time, though your best bet is to research which PCs as well as regionals are closest to your location. For sure some of the PC challenges are free and certain regionals have a preregistration with an entrance fee. Again I'm not to familiar with the format schedule but I HIGHLY recommend that you research this from Pokemon themselves as they certainly have all the places for the upcoming PCs and Regional Championship. I think that last part you mention only applies after you have accumulated enough championship points to get an invite for Nationals and Worlds.

If you are worried about not participating in the format, well its not too late. For starters you can try out some online "mock" Swiss tournaments every now and then just to prep yourself for the real thing. Sometimes we do host some small swiss or single elimination tournament every now and then just to help people meet new people, expose yourself to the latest VGC2015 meta, and again preparation.
Nugget Bridge and Smogon are excellent resources just to help you familiarize yourself with the Pokemon being used. Battle Spot and Pokemon Showdown have an online ladder which you can battle other people from around the world and improve your skills. I know this was rather long but I think that's pretty much my take on the matter. Hope this is helpful