Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

How does Powersaves change datas?
well i heard about powersaves and since im curious i tried to look at it.

are modified pokemon really legit (not legal)?

like because for example, seems like you can change IVs and Natures, but if im right these are related to PID arent they?

im going to give an example: right now im Soft Reseting to try get a Mild Yveltal with good IVs. someone with powersaves could just catch it at the 1st encounter and change IVs and Nature and still get a legit PID, meaning you couldnt say which one was modified?
that is correct
Past Giveaways:
Unova water and fire starters with HA's
Chimchar with HA's and egg moves
HA Gible
HA Sableye
HA Minccino
BR HA feraligatr
BR Mega Gallade
BR Garchomp
BR Terrakion
BR Shiny Dragonite

Feel free to PM for info on past giveaways might have some left over
(Apr 7, 2015, 06:43 PM)Hunter95dt Wrote: that is correct

meh thats OP xD

lot of time saving :o
Powersaves do not effect the legitimacy or whether the pokemon is legal or not. I mean sure some people dont like it and think its cheating the game but it isnt cheating. Cheating in pokemon is really these couple of things:

-Battling with over 255 evs or having max evs in every stat. The game wont let you battle if the pokemon has more than 255 evs.

-Pokemon having illegal abilities, such as sturdy shedninja or Sap Sipper Swampert: Powersaves can only change abilities the pokemon has (I havent figured out how to do that so i breed for Hidden Abilities anyway)

Powersaves dont effect whether a pokemon is legal or not and if you go to any pokemon event, that is run by the company such as a regional, national, or world event they can not tell if the pokemon is powersaved or not. Plus powersaves save a lot of time for people that are too busy to soft reset for legends breed for hidden powers or just breed in general. Plus nintendo allows these items to be sold at gamestop ( or Eb games if youre outside the US). Some people frown upon the use of Powersaves but i can tell you it is alot easier. plus it isnt like genning, I still have to ev train for any evs except for 252,126,63,30,4,2,and 1. Powersaves arent illegal or effect the legitimacy for pokemon and can be used legally. If the game doesnt say the pokemon is illegal than the pokemon is legal.
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
One of my friends recently got Powersaves, and as far as I can tell it doesn't actually impact the technical legitimacy of her team. From what I saw, it looks like its usefulness is for saving time if you've been soft resetting to get that battle-ready Legendary, and you just don't feel like messing with that anymore. ^.^

But, it is my understanding that non-legal 'mons (i.e. illegal moveset present) can't even be used on Battle Spot. So, as long you are only tweaking its IVs or making it shiny, your Pokémon shouldn't look any different from one that's been completely generated by the game, itself. Also, from what I've been seeing online, it seems like people regard "legitimacy" and "legality" as two separate things. It seems like most would consider a legit Pokémon to be one that has been bred/captured/whatever within the game, without any use of outside gadgets. Legit Pokémon, obviously, will be automatically be considered legal since the game won't allow you to cheat using its own provided tools.

A legal Pokémon is one that can be altered by Powersaves or changed with an editing program like PKHex, but is still usable on Battle Spot/GTS, because it looks identical to what the game could have feasibly generated on its own. So, you can have a non-legit Pokémon (meaning you used Powersaves to alter it) that is still legal, because you didn't give it fake moves or maxed stats in every field that would be otherwise impossible to obtain.

TL;DR - It doesn't really matter if you use Powersaves to alter a Pokémon's shiny state/IVs or if you prefer to only catch "legit" Pokémon in your game. As long as it has legal stats and moves that you'd see from a game-generated Pokémon, it should still work on the GTS and Battle Spot, and nobody will be able to tell the difference, anyway.

xx
I always thought the oposite, legal as 100% from game, illegal (with fake moves for example) and legit between the 2 (modified by powersaves)

english too difficult kappa

so the game does not have protections, like for example a legendary with X nature and Y IVs, could have 10 possible PIDs from the datas but only 2 are possible in game
kinda weird, I thought big companies would do that :P

thanks for the infos
powersaves are the equivalent of steroids in sports its cheating but everyone does it
Past Giveaways:
Unova water and fire starters with HA's
Chimchar with HA's and egg moves
HA Gible
HA Sableye
HA Minccino
BR HA feraligatr
BR Mega Gallade
BR Garchomp
BR Terrakion
BR Shiny Dragonite

Feel free to PM for info on past giveaways might have some left over