3 7.32%
No limit, but Dude...
90.24%
37 90.24%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

How old is too old?
I would probably say a good majority of pokemon players are around 30. Do the math... Pokemon came out in 96 its now 2015... thats 19 years and most players were around 8-15 years of age at the time, putting the age range from 27-34... I will be 29 this year : ] Point is nobody is too old for pokemon, infact I can't wait to see what VGC is going to look like in 20 years lol.
I feel like you are never too old to play Pokemon!
(Jan 15, 2015, 02:50 AM)Pokélander Wrote: I would probably say a good majority of pokemon players are around 30. Do the math... Pokemon came out in 96 its now 2015... thats 19 years and most players were around 8-15 years of age at the time, putting the age range from 27-34... I will be 29 this year : ]  Point is nobody is too old for pokemon, infact I can't wait to see what VGC is going to look like in 20 years lol.

it will be a huge age range with the lowest being like 19 since as long as you have the time to play its not hard. Unlike other competitive e sports where stress and reaction times play a big part pokemon is much more like chess so there's really no age limit and experience improves your odds a fair bit.

But tbh i reckon in about 20 years a computer would be the champion if we let it compete, I mean if we could ever give a computer all the knowledge of global link it would be like a competitive player with 100,000 of games experience, Given they have just recently made a computer program that can always win at Texas hold them poker over the course of an indefinite number of games its not a huge leap to get it always win at pokemon.
Evilsabre
Winning a Pokemon battle is not so much about being a step ahead of your opponent but rather being 2 steps behind them
(Jan 15, 2015, 02:50 AM)Pokélander Wrote: I would probably say a good majority of pokemon players are around 30. Do the math... Pokemon came out in 96 its now 2015... thats 19 years and most players were around 8-15 years of age at the time, putting the age range from 27-34... I will be 29 this year : ]  Point is nobody is too old for pokemon, infact I can't wait to see what VGC is going to look like in 20 years lol.

Thanks
(Jan 15, 2015, 12:12 AM)FrankWhiteNYC Wrote:
(Jan 15, 2015, 12:00 AM)IceyGamer Wrote:
(Jan 14, 2015, 11:57 PM)FrankWhiteNYC Wrote: Sweet. See you guys in Lancaster, ca. I'll be the guy that looks like a wizard. LoL

BRUHH I AM GOING THERE TOO LOL

Yeahhhhhhhh. buddy. Are you in masters division?

I'm Senior division and I am happy about it lol
Im 27 years old and I dont give two *bleeps* who knows I play it, lol, I started back when it started and who knows when Ill give it up for good xD I still play my Sega Genesis too.
^^ i agree with him lol im not 27 im 23 but still age is a number i have played pokemon since i was like 9 or 10 i will not be giving it up any time soon either but im going to regoinals in St. Charles, Missouri
Who needs a limit? Sanic didnt need one Kappa
I've played since Yellow (but not competitively) and it's never been weird for me. I talk about Pokemon with 13-14 yr olds (my job has me around school-aged children a lot) all the time. They get super confused when a stodgy old adult knows about that Terrakion they are talking about.

My advice: don't go there to make friends is all. Parents don't take kindly to wizard-looking folks talking to their babies.
I think the age will progress along with this generation. A lot of people who started playing Pokemon when it first came out are starting to get back into it, especially getting into the competitive scene. So I think the age of being "too old" will keep going up, as this group of 20-somethings continue to get older and keep playing (provided Nintendo keeps producing new games)