Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Howdy
Hey there e'rybody!

I'm a new member to the website, but I have been watching Justin stream Pokemon for a few months now and I've enjoyed his work.

A little about me: I've played Pokemon since 1999 with Yellow version, and played until Fire Red/ Leaf Green when I thought I was over Pokemon. I skipped Diamond and Pearl when they were released, but eventually played through them when I heard about the Gen 2 remakes. Excited about Pokemon again, I imported Black and White from Japan just so I could play them first. Finally, I actually purchased a 3ds at the launch of X/Y for the sole reason to play Pokemon. I haven't been as enthusiastic to get OR/AS though, mostly because I thought GameFreak would update X/Y with the new mega stones. Ah well, the price to pay is small, so I'll eventually get them.

On the competitive side, I started playing Smogon OU Singles around 2012, but I didn't do any competitive battling in game until X/Y made IV breeding so simple. However, I began to become discouraged with some of Smogon's decisions, specifically the Aegislash ban. I stopped playing competitively around that time, until I happened upon Justin's stream on twitch. That's when I was re-introduced to VGC. I was aware of VGC prior to this, but I had written it off as less competitive than Smogon's formats. But I decided to try it out and was pleasantly surprised, so much so that I decided to go to the VGC San Jose regional. I went 4-4, which was way better than I expected, and that was with a team I was not completely familiar with. Now, with VGC 2015 rules out, I am planning my team for the Southern California regional, which I might go to.

Anyway, that's all I can think of.

Thanks for reading!
Welcome Smile
Welcome to the site, you will love it here :D
༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽
     ༼ ◕_◕ ༽ Megumi is best Waifu ༼ ◕_◕ ༽
༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽༼ ◕_◕ ༽
welcome :D
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Welcome
Welcome
Welcome to the website!
Welcome to the forums! It's nice to see someone with a bit of experience in the competitive scene too :D
I hope you enjoy your stay here! Smile