Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

I JUST CAUGHT MY FIRST EVER SHINY!!!!!!
I JUST CAUGHT MY FIRST EVER SHINY!!!!
So, I was Ev training for Sp. Def, and I was chaining Tentacool.
And then it happened. 
A shiny Tentacool.
Funny thing was, it was only ally number 3 or 4, not the millionth ally like all the shiny hunters get.
A caught him in a Luxury Ball and named him Squishy after the Jellyfish in Finding Nemo.
Tentacool is now one of my new favorite Pokémon. 
I really want to shiny hunt now, any suggestions?
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
@0kamii What do you think?

@RetroTyphlosion Oh...my...Arceus...

Tentacool was my first Shiny too! What are the odds, huh? Well, 1/802, I guess. But still, it's crazy that we both got the same Shiny. Congratulations, Retro. So happy for you!

As for your next hunt...why not go for a Shiny Cyndaquil? Wink Then you'll be ShinyRetroTyphlosion.

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

nice dude
my first shiny was a geodude..
It was a double battle, and the other non-shiny geodude had sturdy, but I didn't know.
I used scald and it lived on 1 hp AND USED EXPLOSION ;-;
hahahahahahahahah
hahahahahahahahah
im crying on this inside..
(Jul 18, 2017, 02:33 PM)0kamii Wrote: @RetroTyphlosion Oh...my...Arceus...

Tentacool was my first Shiny too! What are the odds, huh? Well, 1/802, I guess. But still, it's crazy that we both got the same Shiny. Congratulations, Retro. So happy for you!

As for your next hunt...why not go for a Shiny Cyndaquil? Wink Then you'll be ShinyRetroTyphlosion.

- 0kamii
@0kamii WHAT THE HECK? What are the odds? That's crazy! Do like the idea of Cyndaquil, though I'll need a foreign one.....
anyways, I have a few questions for you.....
So, I just finished Ev training all of my Trick Room Pokémon (yay!), but I have a Porygon2 that needs to become a Porygon-Z. I have the Dubious Disc, but since we have each other's FC's, could we do a trade back? 
Oh, and when I finally get the whole team officially put together and get the last few items I'll need, I will need someone to battle..... how's Kili doing?

(Jul 18, 2017, 02:44 PM)Reis Wrote: nice dude
my first shiny was a geodude..
It was a double battle, and the other non-shiny geodude had sturdy, but I didn't know.
I used scald and it lived on 1 hp AND USED EXPLOSION ;-;
hahahahahahahahah
hahahahahahahahah
im crying on this inside..

Actually, my first shiny was a fail too. 
It was a Skarmory.
This is the first one that I have caught.

Congrats man Big Grin

i remember my first time a shiny it was a machop in platinum and i ran because i was a failure of a human back then but my actual first shiny was a random encounter nidoking in soulsilver on route 13 and my tip on hunting is to just stick with it for as long as it takes also the method i use is masuda just cause you can take a break when it get's frustrating while in s.o.s your just stuck there also for the moment when the shiny breaks out of the egg and the excitement and relief just washes over you.
Words i live by - Good Luck and Chance.
(Jul 18, 2017, 03:18 PM)Sharkfang2193 Wrote: Congrats man Big Grin

i remember my first time a shiny it was a machop in platinum and i ran because i was a failure of a human back then but my actual first shiny was a random encounter nidoking in soulsilver on route 13 and my tip on hunting is to just stick with it for as long as it takes also the method i use is masuda just cause you can take a break when it get's frustrating while in s.o.s your just stuck there also for the moment when the shiny breaks out of the egg and the excitement and relief just washes over you.
@Sharkfang2193 That's really neat! And thanks for the tip, rep given!

Congratulations! My first shiny was the red gyarados in gold. After that I didn't see shiny until X, a Friend Safari Sandile.

In moon I encouner my first shiny like an hour into the game. Drifloon. Not shiny hunting. Just trying to explore the island.
(Jul 18, 2017, 03:38 PM)Embla Wrote: Congratulations! My first shiny was the red gyarados in gold. After that I didn't see shiny until X, a Friend Safari Sandile.

In moon I encouner my first shiny like an hour into the game. Drifloon. Not shiny hunting. Just trying to explore the island.
Dang, you're lucky...