Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

I made some pokemon beadsprites! (pics)
These are all so great! Every time I check your shop there are new ones! The Vulpix looks adorable, by the way!
These are adorable! I made a glaceon and flareon using perler beads as well. I ran out of black though, so it does not seem like I will make anymore anytime soon :c
Haunted Halo, I know your pain! I went to the store the other day and bought 12,000 black beads for that very reason. Once you're out of black, it's all over.

I'm so glad you guys are enjoying these! I'll continue to post more as I make them.
Wow, nice work there! (: They all look awesome ^ ^
Today's creations! The Mareep is freaking huge- it's about 12"x15" and used about 3000 beads. The Mega Audino was a breath of fresh air after Mareep!

[Image: z6CPspg.jpg]
Mareep was made as a custom order for someone on Etsy
[Image: VQgbdlXl.jpg]
https://www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgiaPerler
These are great man. Keep up the great work! My favorite in your store has got to be the large new age triforce!
OH WOW :O i wanna try and make some :D their so cool *o*

EDIT: how do you iron them so that the holes dont show? can you give some ironing tips if you dont mind? :3
Sure thing, Nyatalie! to get that look, I use what's called the making tape method. There are several youtube videos that demonstrate it. Basically, you apply making tape to your sprite while it's on the peg board, poke holes for all the beads, then flip it over and iron the non taped side. Once you get a preliminary seal on the beads, you can put some shoulder into it and kind of lightly squash the beads to get the flat look. It's really important to poke the holes in the masking tape, because if you don't, you'll get air pockets trapped in your beads and they won't close up. This method is great for bigger sprites, because there's so much heat for a longer period of time, and the plastic pegboards will warp if you iron on them for a while.
Good luck with your beadspriting! It's a great hobby :D
Wow so cool, especially loving the eeveelution
These are amazing--easily the best Perler Bead making I've seen thus far. Have you done any big versions of Gen 6 Pokemon?