Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

I made some pokemon beadsprites! (pics)
So far the only gen 6 pokemon I've done is Skiddo. Definitely want to make more, but right now I'm focusing on things that have a higher chance of selling in my shop, which are generally pokes from gens 1-3
(Dec 17, 2014, 10:34 AM)discardedscarf Wrote: Sure thing, Nyatalie! to get that look, I use what's called the making tape method. There are several youtube videos that demonstrate it. Basically, you apply making tape to your sprite while it's on the peg board, poke holes for all the beads, then flip it  over and iron the non taped side. Once you get a preliminary seal on the beads, you can put some shoulder into it and kind of lightly squash the beads to get the flat look. It's really important to poke the holes in the masking tape, because if you don't, you'll get air pockets trapped in your beads and they won't close up. This method is great for bigger sprites, because there's so much heat for a longer period of time, and the plastic pegboards will warp if you iron on them for a while.
Good luck with your beadspriting! It's a great hobby :D

thanks! :D
Today's batch: Azurill, Ralts, Charmander
[Image: BoKyzKcl.jpg]
[Image: EQIgwVWl.jpg]
[Image: 97FyEVHl.jpg]
(Dec 17, 2014, 04:45 PM)discardedscarf Wrote: So far the only gen 6 pokemon I've done is Skiddo. Definitely want to make more, but right now I'm focusing on things that have a higher chance of selling in my shop, which are generally pokes from gens 1-3

Understandable. Do you have any pictures of Skiddo?

The new ones look great <3
Thanks! Here's a picture of skiddo:
[Image: NrcrBwol.jpg]

https://www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgiaPerler
Today: Plusle and Minun!
[Image: JHj4nOG.jpg]

https://www.etsy.com/shop/NostalgiaPerler
Making Dratini, I almost ran out of light blue beads! Gotta run to the store!
[Image: mMf3IRo.jpg]
Sableye was fun but also a pain to do. Dark purple is surprisingly hard to work with on a beading chart...
[Image: TsZUTNN.jpg]
What makes dark purple hard to work with?
I think it was the mix of 3 dark purple shades that I had to blend into the few purple shades of beads I had - they were all so similar that sometimes it was hard to tell what color corresponded to which bead. But in the end I think it turned out fine!
Great .. Fun and much more .