Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Into to Competitive Pokemon
I'm thinking about starting to do competitive pokemon batling but I dont really know where to start. For all of you competitive batlers out ther feel free to rub some of you awesomeness off on a newbie like me in the form of tips and tricks.

Thanks
WELL I CAN TELL YOU QUIET A LOT OF INFORMATION BECAUSE I AM RLLY GOOD AT BATTLING BECAUSE I PLAY WITH MY OLDER BROTHER A LOT BECAUSE I WANT TO BE RLLY STRONG IN COMPETITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FIRST THING YOU HAVE TO DO IS PICK UR FAVORITE POKEMON!!!!!!!!!!! FOR ME THAT WAS EASY BECAUSE MY FAVORITE POKEMON IS DONPHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEN I WENT WITH POKEMON THAT SUPPORT IT WITH TYPE ADVANTAGES. FOR ME THAT WAS LAPRAS AND BAYLEAF. MY OLDER BROTHER LET ME PLAY HIS SOUL SILVER LAST SUMMER AND THAT WAS MY TEAM TOO SO IT WAS SUPER EASY FOR ME TO PICK THEM!!!!!!!!!! Smile Smile IM STILL WEAK TO FIRE AND GRASS AND ELECTRIC SO FOR THE REST OF MY TEAM I DECIDED TO GO WITH MEGA BLAZIKEN BECAUSE HE IS SOOO COOOL AND RLLY RLLY STRONG AS WELL AND THEN I WENT WITH RATICATE BECAUSE OF GUTS AND FACADE HE IS SO OVER POWERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LASTLY IT WAS A EASY PICK TO OVERCOME ELECTRIC I DECIDED ZAPDOS WAS THE BEST CHOICE. NOW THE WHOLE TEAM LOOK LIKE THIS::

DONPHAN, BAYLEAF, LAPRAS, MEGA BLAZIKEN, RATICATE, AND ZAPDOS

BY BUILDING MY TEAM THIS WAY I HAVE NO REAL TYPE WEAKNESSES AND EVERYBODY ON THE TEAM HITS REALY HARD TO SO I KNOW I CAN WIN MOST OF THE TIME. IF YOU DO SOMETIGN SIMILAR TO MY TECHNIQUE THEN YOU WILL HAVE A REALLY STRONG TEAM AND YOU WONT LOSE ANYMORE. YOUR WELCOME YOU CAN GIVE ME A REP NOW PLS.  :D :D :D :D :D
BE CAREFUL PICING LEGENDARYS YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT URSELF OR ELSE IT IS PROBABLY HACKED
(Sep 30, 2016, 03:10 PM)AlolaDonphan2998 Wrote: BE CAREFUL PICING LEGENDARYS YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT URSELF OR ELSE IT IS PROBABLY HACKED

ok thx
WELL THATS EASY BC DUNSPARCE IS ALREADY P UBER AS IT IS SO LEMME WRITE SUMTIHNG UP AND ILL BE RIGHT BACK
Ooo a new competitive battler. Fear not my good sir there are a bunch of threads here on the forum that'll help you with what you need such as : Breeding, teambuilding and meta pokemons. But yea first you gotta pick the metagame your into (vgc doubles or singles) then look around and ask people for help
Eckley is best grill
Go on and on, grow into a phenomenon
GIVE UR DUNSPARCE LEFTOVERS PLS IT IS IMPORTANT. MAKE IT LEARN TOXIC, PROTECT, ROOST, AND ANCIENT POWER. THAT GOES RLLY GOOD WITH SERENE GRACE TO. I PAIR IT UP WITH OTHER POKEMON THAT CAN FLINCH SO YOU CAN MAXIMIZE EFFECTIVENESS. TOGEKISS AND GARCHOMP ARE REALLY GOOD FLINCHERS BUT I NEED TO TEST IT AGAINST MY BORHTER TO FIND A GOOD TEAM SET UP FOR U. IS THIS HELPFUL AT ALL
@NATIRE OH SORRY IM NOT GOOD AT CUSTOM EV SPREADS BUT I THINK YOU SHOULD MAKE IT MAX HP AND DEF
Hi Scotty, ive recently gotten into competitive as well and crafted myself a team consisting of vapeoreon, slaking, hydreigon, banette, and ninetales. While it isnt the best team out there and i will probably change it up a bit and breed to get the same pokes with better ivs, its still a good team, anyway, i would suggest going to smogon.com. This is my favorite site for getting builds for the pokemon you want to use as well as movesets, ev spreads, and team options. http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/vaporeon/ heres a link leading to the build i used on my vaporeon although i changed some of the moves to fit my team, it should serve as an example of what youll find for each pokemon. Just search for the pokemon you want up at the top. If you are new to or dont know what ev traing is i will provide links to those as well. http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/beg...y.3550097/ this is a site telling what ev training is and how to do it. Personally i use horde battles to ev train http://nuggetbridge.com/blogs/entry/680-...-sapphire/ this site will tell you which pokemon hordes give what ev and where to find them. Make sure you have sweet scent as well. As for ev training faster make sure your pokemon youre ev traing has pokerus. If you do not have a pokemon with pokerus pm and ill give you one. If you have any questions or dont understand something also pm me and id love to help.  :D happy ev training
MR STATICSHARK THAT TEAM LOOKS PRETTY GOOD BUT DONT YOU THINK IT WOULD BE BETTER WITH BAYLEAF INSTEAD OF BANETTE AND GET RID OF HYDRAGON BECAUSE IT IS TOOK WEAK AGAINST FAIRY AND ICE TYPES