Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Kanto Classic - Day 1
(Mar 5, 2016, 08:00 AM)zephyr0012 Wrote:
(Mar 4, 2016, 10:41 AM)Vexian Wrote:
(Mar 4, 2016, 10:05 AM)Kai Wrote: I'm signed up but I haven't gotten to play at all... I've been every where searching for a cleffa and Abra with their HA, apparently no one has breedjects of them. I'm hoping to be able to play by tonight though. :s

I have abra breejects with the ha not sure about cleffa though but I can look

Would you be also willing to trade some of those Abra breejects? My Inner Focus Alakazam isnt really that helpful aside from mega-evolving. :P

I have extra HA Abras I can give you! :D PM me when you are available!
How did everyone do overall? Anything you'd do differently? I went 12 - 8. Didn't participate in the last days battles at all. Overall I was fairly proud of my random team I threw together without though. If given the option I would have probably considered gyarados over cloyster. Cloyster didn't really do a whole lot other than take out a few venusaurs and nidokings. I thought I would see more stealth rocks so he was basically there for a spinner. I also probably would have run something over stealth rocks on clefable. I didn't set them up much because I had to switch or it wasn't worth it overall.
As of minutes ago, the Kanto Classic is finished! How did you all do?

I did.....WAY TOO WELL. 23-7, with a ranking of around 1,720. And I have had ZERO competitive singles experience! Exclamation I had a team idea from day 1, went with it, tweaked a few moves and spreads, and ended up where I am now! Super eager to see how I ranked. I think will be in the Top 100! :D

I think I can contribute a lot of my luck and wins to this thing...

https://twitter.com/CodenameHokhead/stat...0155161600

Screw Goomy, つ ◕_◕ ༽つPRAISE HELIX! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Battle videos of my Savior will be coming soon! Hopefully I'll be able to write about my experiences when the rankings are announced!
I did pretty average, 16-14. I was on vacation so half the losses were disconnections due to terrible connection.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
Considering it was my first competitive ever (I've only ever battled some guys in a gaming pub in a city I live in and they don't even care about ivs) I did ok I guess. Especially that my Charizard was nearly useless as I got my regular charizard with a mega evolution build. As far as I can remember I had 18-30 wins. I love my luck - battled mainly against people from Japan and they are so op... And I'm not quite as experienced of a player, I don't know many pokemons on the competitive battles, I just use whatever pokemon I like. I'm still pretty satisfied though. :D BTW I saw a guy with a level one magikarp! Been a long time since I laughed that hard. I feel sorry for the poor guy. But he never gave up! Grats!
(Mar 7, 2016, 07:47 AM)yuzuki Wrote: BTW I saw a guy with a level one magikarp! Been a long time since I laughed that hard. I feel sorry for the poor guy. But he never gave up! Grats!

You'll see people will full teams of underleveled pokemon all the time in these. They sign up and do whatever number of battles are required for the participation prize.
Thoroughly enjoyed Kanto Classics ") 15W-15L. Had 5 dc's unfortunately lol, need to find a better place to battle next month  Cool

Team: Jolteon, Gengar, Dragonite, Snorlax, Kangaskhan, Clefable

Hope you all had fun !
anyone know when they usually hand out the prizes for these competitions?
(Mar 8, 2016, 10:53 PM)laelaps90 Wrote: anyone know when they usually hand out the prizes for these competitions?

If its anything like the others it'll be sometime next month