Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

LF A kind-hearted Powersaver
Hello all!

[I am not conflating Mantyke with mantine. I really do want a Mantyke)
I am in the market for a mantyke. This will be a competitive mantyke. I hate to ask this of you as I feel I don't give a sufficient amount back to the community (Maybe I'll do a giveaway someday...) but if you look at it, a competitive mantyke is a pain in the garbodor to breed for. Here's why:

I would like it to have tailwind. That is an egg move and it can't be taught by the move tutor (found out the hard way after breeding, EV training & Leveling it). So you need a parent that knows tailwind. That's a minor inconvenience but nothing I can't do. There real problem is...

It's a baby pokemon. Thus, an incense is required. If a parent is holding an incense, then the other parent has to hold the everstone or the destiny knot. So I would have to spends weeks with the destiny knot, finding 5IVs only to see a naughty nature. Alternatively, I use an everstone and Every calm-natured mantyke will have complete trubbish IVs.

So that is my dilemma. The sheer impossibility of obtaining a calm-natured, tailwinding, 5IVs in the right place mantyke. It would be greatly appreciated. If it is too much of a nuisance to gen, I can do the moves - but it must have tailwind genned on it - and EVs myself. (I don't gen mons so I don't know how difficult it is.) The leftovers are also optional. Its because leftovers are also annoying to obtain - I have a spare eviolite or two. (Please nickname it 'Blu-Ray', please Smile)

Thanks in advance, friends!
Also, the pokemon of the day - Gorebyss - was shiny for me. Is it a divine foreshadowing that I shall be graced by the presence of a pokegenner willing to help?

Blue-ray (Mantyke) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Air Slash
- Rest
- Toxic
(May 10, 2016, 10:52 AM)SnowdustWolf Wrote: Hello all!

[I am not conflating Mantyke with mantine. I really do want a Mantyke)
I am in the market for a mantyke. This will be a competitive mantyke. I hate to ask this of you as I feel I don't give a sufficient amount back to the community (Maybe I'll do a giveaway someday...) but if you look at it, a competitive mantyke is a pain in the garbodor to breed for. Here's why:

I would like it to have tailwind. That is an egg move and it can't be taught by the move tutor (found out the hard way after breeding, EV training & Leveling it). So you need a parent that knows tailwind. That's a minor inconvenience but nothing I can't do. There real problem is...

It's a baby pokemon. Thus, an incense is required. If a parent is holding an incense, then the other parent has to hold the everstone or the destiny knot. So I would have to spends weeks with the destiny knot, finding 5IVs only to see a naughty nature. Alternatively, I use an everstone and Every calm-natured mantyke will have complete trubbish IVs.

So that is my dilemma. The sheer impossibility of obtaining a calm-natured, tailwinding, 5IVs in the right place mantyke. It would be greatly appreciated. If it is too much of a nuisance to gen, I can do the moves - but it must have tailwind genned on it - and EVs myself. (I don't gen mons so I don't know how difficult it is.) The leftovers are also optional. Its because leftovers are also annoying to obtain - I have a spare eviolite or two. (Please nickname it 'Blu-Ray', please Smile)

Thanks in advance, friends!

Blue-ray (Mantyke) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Air Slash
- Rest
- Toxic
If you can do the regular Mantyke with:

Blue-ray (Mantyke) (M)
- Tailwind
- Air Slash

I can finish the rest for you Smile
(IVs 31/0/31/31/31/31, EVs, Leftovers, Calm Nature)
Wow! Almost immediate reply!

I can definitely do that for you, my good man Smile

I'll PM you my FC and we'll trade when it's ready

Thanks so much
(May 10, 2016, 10:58 AM)SnowdustWolf Wrote: Wow! Almost immediate reply!

I can definitely do that for you, my good man Smile

I'll PM you my FC and we'll trade when it's ready

Thanks so much
Edit your profiles, much easier for people to add you too Smile
And you are very welcome
I will be online for the whole day so it would be nice if you could get it today!