Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Lets talk powersaves
I feel like we've argued this somewhere before. Kappa Im just gonna come out and say it, I dont believe that powersaves are cheating. I understand some people agree that they are, and I respect that. However, this is kinda just ignorance and going with the whole "you can just make a pokemon 6iv and ev trained while some people spend hours breeding, ev training, and grinding blah blah blah." This is the thing, the powersave is a product that isnt necessarily used for pokemon. You can use this for Mario, ACNL, Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Cooking Mama, Metroid, (if they ever came out with a new game Kappa) Yoshi, and a bunch of other games. Not only is this just infamous for pokemon, but it is also approved by nintendo! Dont believe read the label:

[Image: datelps5.jpg]

What I am trying to say here is that powersaves do make it easier to breed pokemon and obtain items, but it also doesnt make the pokemon better. Sure I powersave if you didnt figure that out already. Call me a cheater, tell me I dont play pokemon fair, call me whatever you want, I couldnt care less. And for the record, I EV train my pokemon myself so I still put in time to do that. I truly apologize that I dont have the time to spend hours breeding for perfect ivs or spending weeks soft resetting for a Legendary with good ivs and nature. Im sorry that I'd rather be hanging out with my friends, or studying for an important test, or getting girls (Maybe not that Kappa) and doing all these things that should come before pokemon. In the end there are 2 ways to go about this: Powersave or dont. This is an option given by retailers who do sell them and usually the morals of people decide this for them. Some find them wrong, and some dont. In the end this is what I have to say; If you find powersaves wrong, thats your decision, dont complain when you spend days breeding for hidden powers or soft resetting for a Legend. Most importantly dont hate on powersaves or someone who uses them. There should never be bullying or any of that in real life let alone the internet where everyone is a MMA fighter or knows 7 types of Karate or killed a Grizzly bear using a spoon, some lettuce, and a double A battery. Powersaves dont make people win, they dont make the player better, they dont make the pokemon better, they dont make the moves better, they dont make everything better. They are here to help, use em or dont, just dont complain about cheating when it makes everything equal, just in faster time.
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
Ok i wasn't going to post here because i didn't want to start any debates shall we call them and i've made my own thoughts relatively clear in my 2000 word essay on the topic. So i'm going to start out again by saying if you want to powersave i'm not going to blame you or stop you, i just don't think people should be bring powersaved pokemon to any official VGC tournaments (regionals, nationals, worlds etc). Mostly because if you don't have time to get the team legit don't go to a tournament with a team that you know is against the official rules its not fair to those who do obey them and the use of powersaved/hacked mons in tourneys reflects badly on the entire vgc community and its future as an e-sport.

So why did i post well i was intrigued when i read that nintendo apparently approved powersaves, i didn't believe this so i read the label and well what i found surprised me, i found this in the small print in the bottom center.

"This product is NOT sponsored, endorsed or approved by Nintendo or any representative owners."

Well i assumed it may well be a misprint on this particular image so i went and got the small print from powersaves online manual it says this:

"3DS is trademark or registered trademark of NINTENDO in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Powersaves 3DS is a 100% unofficial product and is NOT sponsored, endorsed or approved by NINTENDO, nor any games developer or publisher."

Source: https://powersaves3ds.maximummemory.com/...-guide.pdf

Well that's exactly what i originally believed so i tried to find an official statement from nintendo on them sadly i didn't fine anything other than the official vgc rules, so my interpretation of it is they are fine with it existing otherwise they would have probably sued for the use of likenesses of their characters to advertise the product (the actual product itself is not illegal, using it on a 3DS might be against nintendo's ToS but they can't sue datel for what you do with what they sold you). Anyway back on topic Nintendo are allowing powersaves to exist but don't want them used competitively.

My other post contains alot of information and stats i spent a long time putting together so i'm not going to repeat it here (here's a link), but the general gist was that powersaves can actually give a notably competitive edge for legendaries and event pokemon but not for pokemon you can breed, trust me give it a read if your even slightly interested.

Anyway i'll leave it at that, hope you guys have fun and just remember to not bring any powersaved mons into official vgc events, would hate to see anyone in the community get banned from competitive play as a result. Smile

Edit: added source
Evilsabre
Winning a Pokemon battle is not so much about being a step ahead of your opponent but rather being 2 steps behind them
I feel you Mudkip.

I used to have a real elitist mindset about Powersaves when I first got into competitive VGC at the start of last year. I have boxes of Pokemon I have spent so long breeding for and scouring the internet for Hidden Abilities, etc. and filling my Pokedex as legit as I could.

Now I have been thinking about buying a Powersave. Not necessarily to just hack in a whole team, but to help with things like HA, IVs etc to still breed but just to cut down on the time as I now have to care for my parent and younger sibling as well as work and study and I no longer have the time to invest in breeding Pokemon for hours and hours for casual play. I would definitely breed legitimately for an official tournament though.

Are powersaves easy to learn how to use?
I just wish the odds of getting the specific Pokemon you are looking for weren't so bad. You really do have to plan in advance for a tournament and grind your *** off til you are sick of Pokemon in order to get the Pokemon you are looking for. My main problem is specific IVs (I don't really care for shiny Pokemon as most of them don't look as good as their regular pallets do). If I could just get Hidden Power Fire (31/30/31/30/31/30) for example and Trick Room speed IV 0, or a combination of the two (31/30/31/30/31/0) for say Cresselia, then I wouldn't see any reason to Powersave. Also, I bet 90% of the Pokemon used in tournaments are genned or powersaved; whether the person using it knows it or not because someone might just trade for a Pokemon with the IVs they want. You don't know how the person caught the Pokemon. Anyway, Game Freak made EV training a lot easier, they should work on IVs next.
I use Powersaves to Clone Pokemon as back ups. Think of it as protecting the investment of time I put in making them.

I think Hidden Power encourages cheating. Don't want to go into detail as this is a Topic about Power Saves.
(Jul 18, 2015, 08:37 AM)MudkipLegend Wrote: I understand some people agree that they are, and I respect that. However, this is kinda just ignorance and going with the whole "you can just make a pokemon 6iv and ev trained while some people spend hours breeding, ev training, and grinding blah blah blah."

I use Powersaves. I use it a lot. I want to get that out right up front.

First you say "I understand some people agree that they are, and I respect that." referring to some trainers viewing Powersaves as cheating.

Next you say "this is kinda just ignorance..." What your words mean is this "I respect your views, but they are ignorant" Is this what you intended? Have you ever met someone who REALLY TRULY respected your thoughts while at the same time thought what you believed was ignorant? Is it human nature for any of us to respect anything we see as ignorant? Of course i can only comment on the denotation of your words, not the connotation you meant to impart. After all those that oppose Powersave devices do have some valid and thought worthy arguments to make.
Using an outside source or code to edit a games intended function and reap benefits from it (no matter how minor) is, in my opinion, cheating. Not to mention a lot of the time they are sold as "CHEAT DEVICES" so....By the very definition of their function and product idea, it's CHEATING.

I think we have some people trying to justify their illegitimate ways, but honestly I don't really care as long as it doesn't seep into my gameplay. I have a lot of very nice legendary Pokemon, one that's shiny, that I got from Wonder Trade. I'm almost 100% sure they are hacked and that kind of ruins the value and fun of them (So I'll be trading them off soon).
Uh Powersaves are dumb, and you're dumb.

Genning all the way Kappa
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
My friend made a homebrew hack that let's me edit pokes i have (IV's EV's moves, Level and make it shiny)
Why do i use it? Cause i don't have time to breed. i want to play on battle spot and see how high i can go in the ladder

But if i have to spend half a month to breed a team i'll get nowhere fast.
Shachi's a monster to go against -  wpendragon

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower. Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna.
Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.