Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Masuda Breeding. am I just unlucky?
So I have been trying to breed a shiny pokemon. I have two pokes of different regions in the center (US and Korea), and have the shiny charm. To speed up the hatching process I have a pokemon with Flame Body in the party, and am making use of the Harching O-Power. At this point, I have hatched 369 eggs without a shiny. Am I doing something wrong, or am I just unlucky? I have other shinnies I want to breed this way but not sure I'm willing to go through all of this over and over. Lol

One of the two pokes I have at the daycare center is a Ditto, but I uderstand that this should not affect the Masuda Breeding method. Correct?
Yes correct, Masuda Breeding is just plain hard. I try and fail with or without the charm. Anyway good luck
Money cannot buy happiness, but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than a bicycle.

Previously Known as MistressGlaceon

uwu i can hacku
(Jan 14, 2016, 03:43 PM)Cubonefan Wrote: So I have been trying to breed a shiny pokemon. I have two pokes of different regions in the center (US and Korea), and have the shiny charm. To speed up the hatching process I have a pokemon with Flame Body in the party, and am making use of the Harching O-Power. At this point, I have hatched 369 eggs without a shiny. Am I doing something wrong, or am I just unlucky? I have other shinnies I want to breed this way but not sure I'm willing to go through all of this over and over. Lol

One of the two pokes I have at the daycare center is a Ditto, but I uderstand that this should not affect the Masuda Breeding method. Correct?

I think the average is over 500 @cobunefan. Use the shiny counter to show odds. http://pokemonforever.com/pokeradar.php
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
Masuda method takes so much dedication. Keep going for it and eventually you'll get a shiny!! I believe in you XD
Sylveon, use destroy everything!
It's super effective ~♥
Stick with it. I got a Shiny Charmander in 73 eggs, then I did 200 for a Tentacool and got nothing. It could be the next egg, or the 1000th egg. But if you keep going it will show up :]
it's 2022 and we livin
i did the masuda method for the first time with dedication and got a shiny slowpoke
i never tried it again because of how hard it is
i suggest chain fishing, horde battles or friend safari if you're looking for quick shinies
@bamman I would but I am wanting very spwcific shinies. Metagross is my target at the moment. Possibly followed by Greninja. Both require Masuda Breeding as far as I can tell. Sad
Don't give up, man. From what I can see in your post, you're doing Masuda Method right. I'm actually breeding for a shiny Beldum myself. The last time I bred for shinies, it didn't take long, but I think my luck has hit a wall for now. Well, here's hoping we both get our shinies soon.

Also, if you're playing X or Y, you can find Metang in a Steel safari, and a Frogadier in a Water safari. However, the Frogadier may not have the HA, and I don't think the odds are much better in the Friend safari, although I believe they are better. If you want more control over over the Pokemon's nature, IVs, and ability, I would stick with Masuda Method, but if you just want the shiny and someone has the appropriate friend safari, perhaps looking there is your best bet.
Just keep trying! According to something I saw, the egg's ESV is randomly generated when you recieve an egg. If that ESV (Egg Shiny Value) matches a TSV (Trainer Shiny Value) then the egg you recieve will be shiny. Again, just try your hardest 'cause it's a really hard process to check an ESV and TSV (Mine is 0656 BTW)
I'm one of the saddest, countriest, and beautifulest Ampharos around
Currently at 1500 eggs before I had to take a break tonight for Cottonee. Looking to raise it into a Whimsicott for my VGC2016 team.

Have been going for it over a few nights. Definitely the longest it's ever taken for an egg. Coincidentally, Cottonee was the longest DexNav shiny I've hunted for and found!

Cottonee has it out for me!