Pokemon Forever
Masuda Breeding. am I just unlucky? - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: Pokemon Trading, Breeding, & Friend Safari (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Pokemon-Trading-Breeding-Friend-Safari)
+--- Thread: Masuda Breeding. am I just unlucky? (/Thread-Masuda-Breeding-am-I-just-unlucky)

Pages: 1 2

Masuda Breeding. am I just unlucky? - Cubonefan - Jan 14, 2016

So I have been trying to breed a shiny pokemon. I have two pokes of different regions in the center (US and Korea), and have the shiny charm. To speed up the hatching process I have a pokemon with Flame Body in the party, and am making use of the Harching O-Power. At this point, I have hatched 369 eggs without a shiny. Am I doing something wrong, or am I just unlucky? I have other shinnies I want to breed this way but not sure I'm willing to go through all of this over and over. Lol

One of the two pokes I have at the daycare center is a Ditto, but I uderstand that this should not affect the Masuda Breeding method. Correct?

RE: Masuda Breeding. am I just unlucky? - Frost - Jan 14, 2016

Yes correct, Masuda Breeding is just plain hard. I try and fail with or without the charm. Anyway good luck

RE: Masuda Breeding. am I just unlucky? - Justin - Jan 14, 2016

(Jan 14, 2016, 03:43 PM)Cubonefan Wrote: So I have been trying to breed a shiny pokemon. I have two pokes of different regions in the center (US and Korea), and have the shiny charm. To speed up the hatching process I have a pokemon with Flame Body in the party, and am making use of the Harching O-Power. At this point, I have hatched 369 eggs without a shiny. Am I doing something wrong, or am I just unlucky? I have other shinnies I want to breed this way but not sure I'm willing to go through all of this over and over. Lol

One of the two pokes I have at the daycare center is a Ditto, but I uderstand that this should not affect the Masuda Breeding method. Correct?

I think the average is over 500 @cobunefan. Use the shiny counter to show odds. http://pokemonforever.com/pokeradar.php

RE: Masuda Breeding. am I just unlucky? - PrincessSylveon - Jan 14, 2016

Masuda method takes so much dedication. Keep going for it and eventually you'll get a shiny!! I believe in you XD

RE: Masuda Breeding. am I just unlucky? - big bird - Jan 15, 2016

Stick with it. I got a Shiny Charmander in 73 eggs, then I did 200 for a Tentacool and got nothing. It could be the next egg, or the 1000th egg. But if you keep going it will show up :]

RE: Masuda Breeding. am I just unlucky? - bamman - Jan 15, 2016

i did the masuda method for the first time with dedication and got a shiny slowpoke
i never tried it again because of how hard it is
i suggest chain fishing, horde battles or friend safari if you're looking for quick shinies

RE: Masuda Breeding. am I just unlucky? - Cubonefan - Jan 15, 2016

@bamman I would but I am wanting very spwcific shinies. Metagross is my target at the moment. Possibly followed by Greninja. Both require Masuda Breeding as far as I can tell. Sad

RE: Masuda Breeding. am I just unlucky? - Craftsman42 - Jan 15, 2016

Don't give up, man. From what I can see in your post, you're doing Masuda Method right. I'm actually breeding for a shiny Beldum myself. The last time I bred for shinies, it didn't take long, but I think my luck has hit a wall for now. Well, here's hoping we both get our shinies soon.

Also, if you're playing X or Y, you can find Metang in a Steel safari, and a Frogadier in a Water safari. However, the Frogadier may not have the HA, and I don't think the odds are much better in the Friend safari, although I believe they are better. If you want more control over over the Pokemon's nature, IVs, and ability, I would stick with Masuda Method, but if you just want the shiny and someone has the appropriate friend safari, perhaps looking there is your best bet.

RE: Masuda Breeding. am I just unlucky? - 42max Turtke - Jan 15, 2016

Just keep trying! According to something I saw, the egg's ESV is randomly generated when you recieve an egg. If that ESV (Egg Shiny Value) matches a TSV (Trainer Shiny Value) then the egg you recieve will be shiny. Again, just try your hardest 'cause it's a really hard process to check an ESV and TSV (Mine is 0656 BTW)

RE: Masuda Breeding. am I just unlucky? - Nester - Jan 15, 2016

Currently at 1500 eggs before I had to take a break tonight for Cottonee. Looking to raise it into a Whimsicott for my VGC2016 team.

Have been going for it over a few nights. Definitely the longest it's ever taken for an egg. Coincidentally, Cottonee was the longest DexNav shiny I've hunted for and found!

Cottonee has it out for me!