Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Mega Gallade Analysis & Moveset
yea i think most people saw inner focus and were like -sigh- it cud have been so good with superluck, but i think the movepool allows for great play and in doubles with a tailwind team our a sticky web setter in singles you become a crazy threat due to all the coverage options.
Just broke a chain of 82 trying to get a shiny ralts because I got stuck on a trainer and, for some reason, I was forced to run like 5 steps so it startled the ralts. I hate life right now, search level is already at 290
BANN THE CAPES
NO CAPES

Just kiddin looks good gives me a few ideas for my gallade
Why phsyco cut when zen head but is better?
(Mar 28, 2015, 08:16 AM)TheBoomazoom Wrote: Why phsyco cut when zen head but is better?

Because of the 100% accuracy of Phsyco Cut. Mega Gallade doesn't really need a +10 base power move because of its huge attack stat. Zen Headbutt has only 90% accuracy.. a frail pokemon like M-Gallade can't afford to miss a move because it is too frail.
(Mar 29, 2015, 07:13 AM)GMX Wrote:
(Mar 28, 2015, 08:16 AM)TheBoomazoom Wrote: Why phsyco cut when zen head but is better?

Because of the 100% accuracy of Phsyco Cut. Mega Gallade doesn't really need a +10 base power move because of its huge attack stat. Zen Headbutt has only 90% accuracy.. a frail pokemon like M-Gallade can't afford to miss a move because it is too frail.

This while you can run zen headbutt a miss will normally mean you waste your mega's threat + the pyschic coverage option will almost never be used unless its se and then you've got a huge 165 base att with a se stab hit, otherwise you'd just close combat as your go to attack since it has higher base power than either zen or pyscho cut.
Evilsabre
Winning a Pokemon battle is not so much about being a step ahead of your opponent but rather being 2 steps behind them
thats not really that builky considering you run 252/252/4 you should spread the evs out
#teamreplay

"They call me damage"  

#Freewolf

Lets make the Pokemon Forever Forum Great Again!
I suggest spreading the EVs out and taking advantage of Gallade's base 115 Special Defense. Since it has base 165 Attack while Mega, investing all 252 evs is kind of unnecessary. Fairy moves are very big this VGC season so i suggest training it up to live moves. Although it cant live a hyper voice from Choice specs Sylveon, It can live a Pixie Plate Hyper voice from Sylveon with 252 Hp and 92 SpDef. It needs at least 200 SpDef along with Max HP to live a Hyper Voice from Mega Gardevoir. Also pair it with Quick Guard for teh burd. Just some suggestions :P
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
(Apr 3, 2015, 08:44 AM)MudkipLegend Wrote: I suggest spreading the EVs out and taking advantage of Gallade's base 115 Special Defense. Since it has base 165 Attack while Mega, investing all 252 evs is kind of unnecessary. Fairy moves are very big this VGC season so i suggest training it up to live moves.  Although it cant live a hyper voice from Choice specs Sylveon, It can live a Pixie Plate Hyper voice from Sylveon with 252 Hp and 92 SpDef. It needs at least 200 SpDef along with Max HP to live a Hyper Voice from Mega Gardevoir. Also pair it with Quick Guard for teh burd. Just some suggestions :P

Only reason i wouldn't reccment d it is it means giving up on close combat as a main stab since it ruins your defensive stats (meaning your eving would be pointless) so you lose a lot of offense for that extra defense. Overall i wrote this pre ORAS release with no prior competitive VGC battling. Since you can't get an advantage over a sylveon unless you know the item its pretty pointless to me and vs mega garde you better off just unloading a SE/normal effective attack into it than. But for bulky m gallade the spreads are good i never spent much time on that build then since it was more an observation than a serious build for me. My style is very much hyper offensive so the higher risk higher reward builds suit my style much more.

TLDR: reason i avoid spreading out my ev's was 1 inexperience (when i wrote this i had played 0 VGC battles) and 2 close combat drops defenses (and i personally would not give up that move).
Evilsabre
Winning a Pokemon battle is not so much about being a step ahead of your opponent but rather being 2 steps behind them
one of my favorite pokemon, im definitely going to try out that kill swap idea, thats ingenious!