Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Mega Sableye Moveset & Analysis
Soooooo...... I wanted to point out that Sableye learns Quash in ORAS as a level up move........ Yeah........
(Dec 3, 2014, 07:13 AM)Joushou Wrote: Soooooo...... I wanted to point out that Sableye learns Quash in ORAS as a level up move........ Yeah........

unfortunately pretty useless on mega sable eye due to it not being a priority move XD
(Dec 3, 2014, 11:41 AM)evilsabre Wrote:
(Dec 3, 2014, 07:13 AM)Joushou Wrote: Soooooo...... I wanted to point out that Sableye learns Quash in ORAS as a level up move........ Yeah........

unfortunately pretty useless on mega sable eye due to it not being a priority move XD

Which is why you run a regular Sableye kappa
(Dec 3, 2014, 07:07 PM)Joushou Wrote:
(Dec 3, 2014, 11:41 AM)evilsabre Wrote:

Which is why you run a regular Sableye  kappa

I mean, this is a mega sableye thread an all :P But it's not like you don't get prankster before you mega evolve... It didn't get quash in XnY, right??? I noticed that too.
Even though Quash is a TM you can't teach it to Sableye until ORAS. I'll check right now. But yes, this IS a Mega Sableye thread. I think that discussing the pros and cons of the Mega v. non-Mega is fine for an analysis thread as well.
yeah true true hahah. That is weird how it doesn't learn it via TM... I actually didn't know quash was a TM. I dont wanna sound like a jerk, but I think the main pro for regular sableye on your team is that you can run a better megga, and still have an amazing pokemon. Like, mega slowbro for example... It petty much does the same thing with a lower special defense.

I do like mega sableye a lot though. I've been wanting a bulky magic bounce user for the longest time. I'm not a fan of the speed drop, but beggars can't be choosers.
So far I've been using this set (for singles) I saw a youtuber use and it's been working pretty good to me.

Sableye (mega, of course)
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP - 252 Attack - 4 Defense
Moves:
-Power-Up Punch
-Sucker Punch
-Ice Punch
-Recover
(Nov 27, 2014, 09:08 AM)TripleAAABattery Wrote: For the first set, ya might not be flinching due to the Ferrothorn level speed that M-Sableye has. If you have other burners, then Dazzling Gleam could easily replace Will-o-Wisp for better coverage. Id also put Shadow Ball as an option that you could use over Dark Pulse.

Dazzling gleam doesn't cover as much as dark pulse or shadow ball. And as said before Mega bunny doesn't always run facade. It's usually HJK,frustration, an elemental punch and sub/healing wish. Dazzling gleam does cover fighting and dragons super effectively, but dark pulse also hit them for neutral damage. With at least one CM up it doesn't really matter a whole bunch if you hit for super effective damage. Dark pulse or shadow ball also get a STAB boost. Also running protect on mega Sableye is a great idea so you can protect on incoming HJK From lop, causing it to take crash damage. Then you can switch into the appropriate wall or check.
Thanks so much for making this :D
But what if you run non mega what would you recommend?