I am indifferent to it
29.73%
11 29.73%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

My Problem with Powersaves and Genning
Here's my take on it.

Remember Zapdos? That one Pokemon in XY that people wanted but was super hard to get perfect, as opposed to EVERYTHING ELSE? AND people tried to get Hidden Power Ice on it?! I had a friend who encountered 2, count them, TWO SHINY ZAPDOS'S in the process of getting the perfect one. And he denied them both! And eventually, he gave up on getting his perfect Zapdos. Peoplr made videos, gudes, and wasted days JUST for this one Pokemon! I NEVER wanted to use Zapdos because of this.

But as soon as the Move tutor XY Premier challenge rules kicked in. I wanted a new Tailwind user. I had already used Talonflame and Murkrow. I tried out Scizor, and it didn't fit my team well enough. My good friend kept pressuring me to use Zapdos. If not that, then Aerodactyl. And I couldn't use Aerodactyl. I freaking hate Aerodactyl! So I used Zapdos, since I could use a Thunderbolter on my team, and it also had Heat Wave. And my friend said he had a legit one that he wasn't using. So I gave in. I used it in an unexpected way. I then proceeded to go 4-0 in a premier challenge (before top cut, of about 24 people) the next day. I was shocked.

And now with how common Thundurus is?? Why spend all that time? And on any Pokemon, why try to get the correct Hidden Power legitimately? It's absolute ridiculous RNG! In all the cases I mentioned above, genning is more than okay in my eyes. But with breeding the normal 5 IV stuff, I'd say get it legitimately. Although I myself use a 6 IV Ditto that I know is genned.

In case you guys didn't hear, a bunch of the Worlds 2014 Top Cut Pokemon were hacked. There was only one legitimate Hydreigon of the bunch, and even Se Jun Park had a problem. All of his Pokemon had hacked IVs! We have proof of it, but The Pokemon Company didn't get any of those people in trouble. Not too sure about Ray Rizzo's Aegislash in a Dream Ball though...
(Jan 29, 2015, 09:48 AM)MagnusHexem Wrote: In case you guys didn't hear, a bunch of the Worlds 2014 Top Cut Pokemon were hacked.  There was only one legitimate Hydreigon of the bunch, and even Se Jun Park had a problem.  All of his Pokemon had hacked IVs!  We have proof of it, but The Pokemon Company didn't get any of those people in trouble.  Not too sure about Ray Rizzo's Aegislash in a Dream Ball though...

Didn't they modify the vgc 15 rules to account for the legitimacy of pokemon to make sure that they aren't hacked or powersaved though?

2.1. Illegally Manipulated Pokémon
The use of external devices, such as a mobile app, to modify or create items or Pokémon in a player’s Battle Box is expressly forbidden. Players found to have Pokémon or items that have been tampered with will be disqualified from competition, regardless of whether the Pokémon or items belong to that player or were traded for. POP recommends players only use Pokémon that they have raised themselves and items that they have received through normal gameplay. It is always the player’s responsibility to have legal Pokémon and items during the competition.
There's a real simple solution. Get rid of breeding (and genders outside of explicitly stated ones like Nidoran) entirely. It would solve a ton of problems. Super Training can stay pretty much the way it is, and IV maxing can be done with vitamins. It's simple, effective, and significantly lowers the barrier of entry to competitive play (which is good for everybody). There are probably many better ways to manipulate Skill/Ability/Nature than with breeding. A secret ability, for example, can be something you unlock by finding a move tutor that isn't so easy to find/reach.

If "legitimately caught" matters, then that's the way it has to be. As a trainer, I want to raise that original Pokemon to be the best anyway, especially if it has added significance like being a legendary or a shiny. I don't want to have to hatch a million eggs thanks to that first Pokemon being arbitrarily limited to sucking for all eternity regardless of how good a trainer I am.