Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

NEW 3DS Issue
NEW 3DS Issue

As the subject title implies, well I've been having some issues with a NEW 3DS (well the Pokemon 20th Edition) I just bought recently. I received the the NEW 3DS from Amazon from a seller and got it this Monday. Between then and probably before it started having issues I'd put about a good 16 hrs into the thing (from both FE and ORAS). So here's what happen Friday night, I was playing on FE Fates when I notice the 3DS power turn red and immediately in 3 minutes started blinking. I didn't immediate hesitate to get my charger prior until power was blinking red. I wasn't in a rush at all to get my charger and was able to get it in my NEW 3DS on time to save the game and turn it off. A couple hours later, I decided to turn on the NEW 3DS to realize the touch screen, sound, and most of the buttons (except for ZL/ZR) don't respond. Naturally I open/closed my 3DS and the set theme sound was still functioning. After a while I'm thinking maybe I just have to remove only the battery from the N3DS once and placed it back in to see if that was the issue, and still the 3DS was in that unresponsive state. Then I tried to charge the N3DS overnight thinking maybe this problem will resolve itself by charging the 3DS fully over night and still no avail. Let me sum up the facts and problems:

1. N3DS is brand new with only 16 hrs of game play put into the system.
  2. Issues started as my 3DS experience the "low battery" or "blinking" for the first time.
  3. The Touch Screen, D-Pad, Circle Pad, XYAB, Start, Select, and LR buttons don't respond to any input.
  4. There's no sound on the N3DS when it turns on, but only if one open/closes it the sound come back
  5. The N3DS isn't "frozen" per say, since I can still see the amount of people online. Also can still connect to the internet.
  6. (Maybe Important) I changed the MircoSD card with a 16 GB one for storage when the N3DS arrived.
:

I've already told a couple of people about my issue, but need the help from others here, otherwise I might have to send this to support to see if anyone here has a solution. BTW this is a serious matter for those who can't realize the tone so I rather have thoughtful advice instead of one worded/sentence responses.
Contact the seller. Maybe this issue has happened with other people. Then again, this is taking advice from a ten year old.
Life only happens once. Make the most out of it.

I main Tracer for some reason...
My Friend Safari is Flying with Pidgey, Fletchiender and Swanna. Feel free to add me!

Also, my name is Hayden... Why am I Johnnyspyguy?
Alright sorta an update.

There were a couple of things I did to see if these issues with the N3DS can be resolved before being shipped off to repair.

1. Charging the System to Full: I've tried to charge the system in full during the night I was experiencing these issues. During the morning, the N3DS was fully charged as indicated on screen, however the same frozen state was persistent with no sounds or buttons working. Again I could move the ZR / ZL buttons to more around the screen for a bit but no other response.
  2. Let the Battery Die: No I don't mean to dispose the battery rather leave the game on and let it turn itself off. Even it was at at the flashing red point, this still didn't resolve my issue at all. Everything from the above still occured.
  3. "Don't Do Anything"...: Suddenly at about 6:00 PM pacific my N3DS was working again... for three minute... This is an important development as the system function as normal but suddenly got stuck in a diagonal path from using the D-Pad. Honestly, don't know how the N3DS started acting normal or how, I just left the system as I did some errands during the day.

Here are a couple of other details I forgot to mention. The system is just only less than a week old, without any sorta of major accidents and was playing online before these issues started. A couple of people told me to get a new battery which I did do but not sure what else to do aside from send the thing to repair. One last note is I bought the 3DS off a vendor online without warranty of sorts so yeah kinda f***** myself there. Thing is the system or the box it came in didn't seem as if there was anyone who opened it prior, but I could be wrong. Again any help is appreciated.
(Mar 12, 2016, 10:24 PM)Black117 Wrote: Alright sorta an update.

There were a couple of things I did to see if these issues with the N3DS can be resolved before being shipped off to repair.

​​​​Unfortunately i have the same problem. Did you finally manage to fix this? Also, my new 3ds responds to c-stick as well as zl,zr buttons. 
  1. Charging the System to Full: I've tried to charge the system in full during the night I was experiencing these issues. During the morning, the N3DS was fully charged as indicated on screen, however the same frozen state was persistent with no sounds or buttons working. Again I could move the ZR / ZL buttons to more around the screen for a bit but no other response.
  2. Let the Battery Die: No I don't mean to dispose the battery rather leave the game on and let it turn itself off. Even it was at at the flashing red point, this still didn't resolve my issue at all. Everything from the above still occured.
  3. "Don't Do Anything"...: Suddenly at about 6:00 PM pacific my N3DS was working again... for three minute... This is an important development as the system function as normal but suddenly got stuck in a diagonal path from using the D-Pad. Honestly, don't know how the N3DS started acting normal or how, I just left the system as I did some errands during the day.

Here are a couple of other details I forgot to mention. The system is just only less than a week old, without any sorta of major accidents and was playing online before these issues started. A couple of people told me to get a new battery which I did do but not sure what else to do aside from send the thing to repair. One last note is I bought the 3DS off a vendor online without warranty of sorts so yeah kinda f***** myself there. Thing is the system or the box it came in didn't seem as if there was anyone who opened it prior, but I could be wrong. Again any help is appreciated.