Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[NEW MEMBER] A Shiny Hunter Appeared!
Hello there. My name is Misty and I thought it was high time to make an account here after knowing about it for about two years by Justin Flynn himself. I am a twenty-year-old Floridian with a mild case of Depression and a bloated Anxiety, which may or may not be caused by Asperger Syndrome. Pokemon has helped me very much with my disability, and has gotten me to go out more and meet some amazing people.

As the title suggests, I am a shiny hunter. I've been hunting since December of 2013, after a faithful incounter with a shiny Bronzor during a playthrough of Platinum. I had encountered and caught two other shines before hand, a Geodude and Weezing in HeartGold, but the Bronzor appeared when I was debating on if I wanted to hunt for shines or not. I took it as a sign and hunted my first Pokemon in X (Chinchou with the Chain fishing Method). I've since caught about 60 shines since then and hope to one day own a shiny of each Pokemon that can possibly be shiny. 
I am also a mild competitive VGC battler.
(I say "mild" because I am unable to travel to many Tournements). I like making fun, Trick Room based teams when I can. I haven't been competing for very long, and I tend to think that I am not that great under stress, but I hope to one day go to Nationals just once for the experience. 
I also collect merch of my favorite Pokemon. The Eeveelutions, the Vulpix line, Fennekin, Furret, Jirachi, and Meloetta. (And Swirlix on the side).

Aside from Pokemon, I also really enjoy writing. I hope to one day have people experience my stories. Whether through a novel or video game, I am unsure. I've grown fascinated over game developing, and feel the story I wish to tell would be experienced better in an RPG like setting, but only time will tell how the story will come out to be.
For now, however, I have been writing stories online. "Fan Fictions," if you will (Although I am not apart that give Fan Fics a bad name) of my favorite characters going through similar troubles that I have (although greatly exaggerated) or to go on an adventure I'd wish I could go on, using the characters in the story to experience it and to share my journey with others.

I guess that is really it for now. My left (dominant) arm is starting to kill me from pain, and I don't want to strain it more than I already have. I hope to meet nice faces here and maybe make a friend or two.
Thank-you very much for reading, and I do hope you have a wonderful day. And, please, remember to smile. c:
Welcome here!
Hello, nice to meet you! This is actually the first forum I have ever joined, so please beware of any unspoken formatting rules I may break.

Last week I got into Post Game Pokemon with the new game, but I have been playing since Red/Blue. I opened a Local Game Store in my hometown about a year ago and we have built a really nice Pokemon TCG Community of like 20-30 players. Most of the are getting into breeding and fighting on the VGC! So that's why I am just now getting into it. I have a lot of free time since I have a store manager who runs the shop most days and my girlfriend runs our online store. After reading your post I have decided to dedicate more of that free time to start my own Shiny Quest! But I would like your help....

I want to have a team of 6, ocean/beach themed, semi-rare shinies! Simply becasue I love the new game, and everything I love that has come from it in my life since its release! I was definitely thinking like Palossand, Dhelmise, Mareanie,  Bruxish, Wishiwashi, Milotic, Vaporeon....What would be cool, but also a decent team you think?

I love your story and look forward to hearing when you get all the Shinies!

Thanks for the inspiration and good luck!
Welcome to the forum! :D

I have a question Which pokemon was it because your saying Hunter or are you hunting? Huh
Welcome Misty!
#LillieDefenseSquad
(Dec 7, 2016, 05:56 PM)Jac91693 Wrote: Hello, nice to meet you! This is actually the first forum I have ever joined, so please beware of any unspoken formatting rules I may break.

Last week I got into Post Game Pokemon with the new game, but I have been playing since Red/Blue. I opened a Local Game Store in my hometown about a year ago and we have built a really nice Pokemon TCG Community of like 20-30 players. Most of the are getting into breeding and fighting on the VGC! So that's why I am just now getting into it. I have a lot of free time since I have a store manager who runs the shop most days and my girlfriend runs our online store. After reading your post I have decided to dedicate more of that free time to start my own Shiny Quest! But I would like your help....

I want to have a team of 6, ocean/beach themed, semi-rare shinies! Simply becasue I love the new game, and everything I love that has come from it in my life since its release! I was definitely thinking like Palossand, Dhelmise, Mareanie,  Bruxish, Wishiwashi, Milotic, Vaporeon....What would be cool, but also a decent team you think?

I love your story and look forward to hearing when you get all the Shinies!

Thanks for the inspiration and good luck!

*blushes* oh dear, I'm flattered. Good luck with your quest. (I actually will be hunting for Sandygast in the near future). Dhelmise'll be pretty hard to hunt for, as he is a 1% chance normally, and both him and Sandygast are ghost types, rendering most Fasle Swipers useless (Unless you use a  Pancham/Pangoro with Scrappy like I am). If you are meaning for competitive, then Dhelmise and Milotic are pretty good, and I've seen some Wishiwashi out there. If you are meaning ingame...go with who you like. (That is what I am doing in my HG Badge Quest).
Again, good luck. C: Glad I inspired you.

And to PokeLover121, I am a shiny Hunter. I hunt for Shiny Pokemon. What started my hunting was Bronzor, and my first hunted Pokemon was a Chinchou. (At the moment, I am prepping for a Sandygast hunt). I hope that clears things up.

Thank-you everyone for the worm welcomes. :)
Hey there! Welcome to Pokemon Forever! Glad you stopped by! I've never gotten into shiny hunting myself, never had the patience or attention span for it. Seems like a fun challenge though. You against the code. Seeing what will break first. Your concentration or the RNG. Very cool.