Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Bring or bring not back NationalDex in Sword & Shield ?
Question 
Hi everyone, here another discussion, i saw that many people were discussing about this on other places, and wanted to know what your opinion is on this.

Would you still play the games if you don't get to see your favorite pokemon back ? (It was said on a press that a final decision was made about not bringing them, i don't remember exactly if true or not and where though)

I don't change my view on pokemon because of that, if i don't see my favorite i will still enjoy them, cause all games were good of pokemon, and now they improved things too.

For people who do not know a feature comes in 2020 "Home" that might bring old ones who did not make it in shield etc.

[Image: pokedex-pokemon-consola-poke-dex-primera...365641.jpg]

1) Discuss with peacefull manners
2) Don't flame or insult others.
3)respect eachother opinion.
This is a very contentious topic, my friend. I'd bet that this is why you haven't seen a topic on it already here. Where it is brought up elsewhere, toxicity and personal attacks are often not far behind.

That said, I would venture a guess that anyone willing to respond to your post about it (and indeed, anyone who still visits a Pokémon-related fan forum site like this one at all) is probably on board with playing Sword and Shield anyway; despite the National Dex controversy. Note that hardly anyone is excited to play a Pokémon game that doesn't include all of the Pokémon; it's just that some people are not as bothered by this as others.

Additionally, it's hard to have a "discussion" about something like this, when it's:

a.) an old topic at this point; with the official Game Freak announcement to cut the national dex being now 3.5 months old (yes, it happened, and it is REAL; NO going back)
b.) such a divisive topic that most people who have an opinion about it, are unlikely to change their mind about how they feel, through conversation.

Like it or not, the Pokémon community has lost (and will continue to lose) many of its most enthusiastic members in 2019; as a direct result of this PERMANENT change in policy. There's not much else to say...
@DrumminBeard You're right, but not all are same, i saw people also discussing about this in peacefull manners and explaining things (like only wanting patch or that they have patient)

I respect anyone opinion ( forgot to add some rules about being respectfull to eachother)

Some became also friends after long discussions. (anti vs non anti)

May everyone have a peacefull discussion.
(Sep 25, 2019, 02:58 PM)Drangor2 Wrote: @DrumminBeard You're right, but not all are same, i saw people also discussing about this in peacefull manners and explaining things (like only wanting patch or that they have patient)

I respect anyone opinion ( forgot to add some rules about being respectfull to eachother)

Some became also friends after long discussions. (anti vs non anti)

May everyone have a peacefull discussion.

I'm all for a peaceful discussion.

To your point about a forthcoming "patch:" I see no reason to believe any such thing will happen. In fact, if we take only official statements on the matter, it's pretty clear that there is no intention to do this.

I understand people being angry or incensed, at the decision to withhold some Pokémon for an entire generation or two. I do not understand people that exhibit this "hope" that Game Freak will do the opposite of what they said, and decide to patch them in at a later date. Everyone is entitled to their opinion; but - as careful as Game Freak, Nintendo, TPC, et al. are with their choice of words for official statements - there's no way to misinterpret their intent here, in my opinion.