Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Longest hunt you'd be prepared to do?
What is the longest no. of encounters you'd be willing to take in order to get a shiny pokemon?
Atm I'm currently at 3577 re's in Pokémon X hunting for Tauros or Pinsir. I'm planning to go to 100,000.
I like hatching for shinies better, but that's just me. It's more controlled in terms of IVs, Natures, and Egg Moves. In that regard, I wouldn't ever imagine hatching more than 300 eggs. The fastest I ever hatched a shiny was in 10 eggs, while the longest it's taken me is 4 boxes. But maybe that's less rewarding than random encounters.
Can you h*ck me a Ditto?
The longest I have ever shiny hunted for was at least 200 for a shiny Pikachu. I thought it would be kinda cute if my first shiny was the first Pokémon I ever caught in Emerald because when I was young, I never caught any Pokémon, my friend gave me some of his. I had a level 19 Combusken by Brawly so.
Pokemon trainer since 2004!
I'm breeding for a shiny Bulbasaur, at the moment I'm over 800 eggs hatched with Masuda method + shiny charm. I'm starting to think it doesn't exist :D

EDIT: finally managed to get one after 1400+ eggs..
#LillieDefenseSquad
I don't count my encounters when doing RE's or SR's because i feel to lazy too and i know it's going to take forever. However, when using Masuda Method, my luck hasn't been that great, but so far i've been able to get the pokemon to shine within 1000 eggs, 20 eggs being the least