Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SUN/MOON] What to shiny hunt?
So recently I got the shiny charm and I want to shiny hunt some Pokemon, but I am not good at deciding so here I am asking you

I have moon only, i will not masuda method, that takes too long ;_;
I don't want anything to terribly hard since I just started, here is my list of what I already have

-Vikavolt
-Exeggutor
-Magikarp
-Luvdisc
-Dragonair

No, i will not hunt Oricorio because I am at 700 eggs and no shiny, so I will hunt for that in a while
Vulpix?  It's cuuuuuuuuuute.
@Chansey  I have moon, should have mentioned that
@Reis

Easily, I think one of the coolest Shinies in the 7th generation is Palossand. Sandygast is really easy to SOS Chain on Hanohano Beach too. So I think you should give it a try. Just make sure you have a way to get that initial Sandygast down to 1 HP using Scrappy or Odor Sleuth.

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

(Aug 15, 2017, 01:20 PM)0kamii Wrote: @Reis

Easily, I think one of the coolest Shinies in the 7th generation is Palossand. Sandygast is really easy to SOS Chain on Hanohano Beach too. So I think you should give it a try. Just make sure you have a way to get that initial Sandygast down to 1 HP using Scrappy or Odor Sleuth.

- 0kamii

@0kamii  I'll do that when I am done with my Bagon hunt
Actually Masuda method+Shiny charm has a 1/512 chance to get a shiny, while it's 1/683 for SOS chaining, so breeding is faster  Wink I usually average about 300 eggs hatched to get a shiny, which doesn't take too long to reach (maybe I'm just lucky)
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda
@PerchPond  While the odds may be higher, this doesn't mean it is faster
you have to account for the 256 steps and the egg cycles as well as the egg hatching sequence
Dratini and Bagon are much easier to SOS chain, I also just got my Bagon as of posting this
@Reis True, congratz! Smile
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda
I shiny hunted a wishiwashi in my first hunt. Got it pretty easily too. Also, I agree with 0kamii: my shiny palossand is beautiful. [Image: raw]
I'll just be places.
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
I suggest Ribombee. Yes, Ribombee, not Cutiefly. Although Cutiefly is easier, getting a Shiny Ribombee from SOS would be really cool to see. Plus, Ribombee doesn't have that bad of a call in rate.
OU MASTER RACE