Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[NEWS] Pokemon Sun and Moon
I just hope this means no more mega Pokemon.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
Oh god i'm getting more and more excited about Pokemon sun and moon. (and I still cant stand the fact I have to wait a week longer because Nintendo dislikes Europe kappa )

Also this trailer confirmed some stuff about the starter pokemons! (I will put it in a spoiler in case no one wants to see it haha)

Do you all remember the really old leaks of the final evolutions of the starters that were spreading like wildfire on social media but no one believed it was true? It seems like they're true after all and this trailer just confirmed it!

If no one knows where i'm talking about, i'm talking about these leaked pictures:

http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads...image.jpeg (putting it in a link because it's a big file)

now look at it ... zoom in on the Litten's evolution one .... can you see it Kappa
if your answer is no then let me post this image (That I found on R/pokemon so all the credits to them)

[Image: JV8AbOS.png]

I guess i'm moving over to #TeamLitten sorry Rowlet but the cat version of Emboar won me over kappa kappa
(Oғғɪᴄɪᴀʟ) Lᴏʀᴅ Lᴀᴅʏ ᴇᴇᴠᴇᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍ.

﹟TᴇᴀᴍFᴏʀᴜᴍ ₄ ʟᴀɪғᴜ (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
Accelixio#2187 @ Overwatch

Achievement unlocked: First place in a sub-tourney//08-08-2015

Wonder if I should have left that Kappa sign in the end there at the top. Regardless, based on a japanese trailer showing an exeggcute evolving into the Alolan Exeggutor (you know the tall dragon looking one). While the Dex does show eight different Eevee evolutions, I was making fun of the idea of those same Eeveelutions having different typings (I.E Poison Sylveon, Ice Flareon). Not saying this would happen, but it'd definitely be funny as hell. We still havent seen the pokedex entries of the New "Alola-variant" pokemon so maybe it showcases the form difference or not. TCPi should have just called these form differences as Delta Pokemon instead of saying them as "Alola" since it will confuse everyone imo.

One thing to note is Pokemon could have just given Exeggutor and Ninetales Megas but instead decided to go into the whole "delta species route". There was a time in the TCG where Pokemon were give different typings than they were associated like Fire-Type Ludicolo and Grass-Type Dratini.

Personally I don't think TCPi got rid of Megas, but they are likely going to be nerfed "cough... Mega Kangaskhan". Giving pokemon form differences with Potential new typings, BSTs, abilities, and potential movepools can definitely shakeup the game much more than Megas. They might be waiting for A certain time to reveal some Megas instead of reveal most of the game as they are doing.

Don't get why people want to get rid of Megas. This was a huge component in gen 6 to sell the games and the franchise literally. Since they can only give certain Megas to Pokemon at a time, TCPi might just wait it out before revealing new Megas, if at all. Going back to the Region Varient Pokemon, this alone opens the possibilities of many Pokemon and eccentric typings you wouldn't associted them before hand. At the moment, these form differences might be exclusive to Kanto but we'll wait and see if other can have new typings.
Because when it comes down to it, megas did nothing good and only hurt the meta game. Whether it be in singles, or doubles; To play at a successful level you have to use a mega. But you can't even use just "any" mega, you have to choose a good one or play extremely gimmicky around a different mega to make it useful. Even then, most gimmick sets or good megas pale in comparison to the best. It made the game incredibly dry very fast. Instead of seeing teams commonly used that were unique, had weird tactics, etc: You see a top tier mega pokemon and 5 fillers.

There has always been Pokemon that ruled and have been good. Tyranitar, Rotom-Wash, Garchomp, ect. But even then there's always been fun mix ups with these mons, unique ways to use them, unique ways to fight the, etc. Where as you see Mega Khang, you know what you're getting. You know what you're fighting and even then you have to completely OUTPLAY your opponent if the Pokemon on the field isn't a hard counter/of equal strength.

You could argue that mega's brought us a new sense of evolution and made some Pokemon actually useful now, which is true. You can play around with mons now that were basically useless, which is nice. But the idea of mega Pokemon was a bad theory vs others. Mega Pokemon have to be.. well.. mega. They have to be outrageously strong in a sense. Like, they even gave outrageously strong megas like Lucario adaptability. If they went with a different route, either it be another evolution line or even an adaptation (like what we're seeing with this ice vulpix and such) they wouldn't have to make the Pokemon ridiculously strong. However they get to make it unique and special with new typings, new abilities, ect. Essentially, a weaker mega.

This way we get to use the Pokemon who aren't that good more viably now. Mega's were a cute idea I guess, but it was too good and messed up the game and basically turned it upside down. It's not all megas either of course. But some, like kang for example are too ridiculous. No one is going to want to play this game if we see ANOTHER year of mega kang on every vgc team. They need to recognize it was a mistake, and fix it.

I think we won't see any megas in this gen, and VGC rules won't allow mega stones.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.